Duplicates in ODK Collect

Hi
I wanted to know, what usually causes duplicates in ODK Collect? I read
somewhere that if you are attempting to send a form and mid-way you cancel
it or you are in a place where there is poor network reception that hinders
data submission, ODK Collect will duplicate that form.
Thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,

··· -- *Christopher Nkosi*

Cell no: (078) 880 6097/(072) 152 1233
Email : christophernkosi559@gmail.com christophernkosi559@gmail.com

Hi Christopher,

What version of Collect and Aggregate are you using?

Where in the pipeline are you seeing duplicates (Collect, Aggregate, Briefcase)?

How do you know they are duplicates? Are the titles in Collect the
same? Is the instanceID column the same? Are the start/end times the
same?

Thanks,

Yaw

··· On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 6:46 AM, Christopher Nkosi wrote: > Hi > I wanted to know, what usually causes duplicates in ODK Collect? I read > somewhere that if you are attempting to send a form and mid-way you cancel > it or you are in a place where there is poor network reception that hinders > data submission, ODK Collect will duplicate that form. > Thank you. I hope to hear from you soon. > Regards, > > -- > Christopher Nkosi > Cell no: (078) 880 6097/(072) 152 1233 > Email : christophernkosi559@gmail.com > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Yes, I have the same problem. I use ODK collect. Started to analyse data to find out that about 10% of data was dublicated. Same start and end time and exactly the same content on those responses, same instanceIDs as well. All of them are coming from the rural areas, if data was collected in cities I didn't see such issue. I suspect this is somehow related to poor wifi connection in those areas. Pay attention to duplicates. I had to re-run all analyses after i spotted the issue as was not aware that there was such a problem with ODK.

by the way, I think we installed our odk collect on our devices in April 2019. Has there been a new version since?

Hi @empirica

What server do you use?

maybe someone sent the same filled form multiple times, it's possible.

yes but I didn't fix any bug that could be related to your problem so I doubt it's gonna help.

I have the same problem. I receive duplicate forms, same information. What could be the problem? Even in areas with good Internet coverage, duplicate forms are received