Dynamic Media based on previous responses in Select One

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.

I have a series of 4 select one questions. The 4th select one question shows 3 responses, each of which are whatever was chosen in the first 3 select one questions. The first 3 select one question's responses all have audio attached in the audio::English column. I've successfully been able to get the Choice Names to show up in Question 4 as responses, but I would like to have the audio show up as well. The closest I've gotten is with the attached XLSForm. When tapping the audio button that shows up for response 1 on question 4, it fails to load and shows a really long path that I cannot get a screenshot of unfortunately. On a positive note, in the current configuration, the final file name changes dynamically with what the user previously selected.

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?

Open ODK Collect with the attached XLSForm and proceed to question 4. On question 4, notice only the first response has an audio button. Press that audio button.

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?

In the survey tab, the calc_qa1 (row 5) I tried putting a number of different things in the calculation column. Things like:

jr://audio/${select_one_q1}

but they all have failed to validate when uploading to Central.

@ahblake seems to have explained something similar here Dynamic images loaded to an image widget from a choice/CSV selection - #5 by ahblake but with images and it doesn't seem to be the exact same situation as I'm wanting this as responses to a select one question

4. Upload any forms or screenshots you can share publicly below.

FFF.xlsx (45.7 KB)

Hi Tyler,

One way to solve the problem at hand is to replicate the choices of q1, q2 and q3 into q4 and use choice_filter column to show only selected choices from previous questions. For this particular problem you can use following expression to filter the choices: name = ${select_one_q1} or name = ${select_one_q2} or name = ${select_one_q3}

I have updated the XLSX form with the changes. Hope this answers your question.

FFF.xlsx (46.1 KB)