Editing data that are already sent

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Can I edit data that are already sent to the ODK account? It would be easier if I can edit these before exporting the data ?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

tablets
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Let me know if this is possible and what steps I should take

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Nothing

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

You can export dataset then,do editing on exported dataset with software like spss or stata.
And after doing editing export this data and make this data final.

I never edit data on odk server and its nit a good practice.

3 Likes

I think editing the original record without versioning is a bad practice. However, editing in a dofile usually is not a productive way. Sometime, it's necessary to allow surveyors to edit the data while they are still in the field. It's just a matter how to keep track of the changes they make.

1 Like

I'm trying to edit before exporting because I do have a photo of the vaccination card (one of the survey questions) and want to check if the next question is matching with the photo..! And not mistakes were done in the field..
It would be hard to do that on stata and go back every time to ODK account..!! Also Searching for the ID number to match would make it more difficult..
Do you know if it's possible to edit before exporting of if it's possibel to edit sent forms using the tablets again ?!
Thanks a lot for you help

Suppose by mistaken field worked entered a blank space or they entered a new line at end or mistakenly they need to choose a different options but they choose a wrong one.

Now as a data manager i need to know what is going of field how field worker is doing work in field and if as Data Manager i want that field worker should enter right thing and if they are entering wrong i should know so i can improve them.
That's why i don't think that before sending one more time editing is good.

1 Like

ODK Aggregate does not currently have this feature because of some of the workflow issues that others have raised. If you'd like to try a different ODK compliant server, Ona and Kobo both have editing support.

1 Like