Endpoint to display all records for a Form

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Hello ODK community. Am trying to use the OData feed to analyze my form data in an external visualization tool(metabase) using a REST api driver thats nder development.But am finding it hard, The uri provided by the odata feed only returns the metadata of the form and not the records in the form. My question is, is there an endpoint i can use directly to get all the records in a particular form.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Am operating on windows machine
Central is hosted on digtal ocean
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have been going through the Api documentation
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Try running the Odata feed in Postman since its what am using for testing my end points
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

1. How did you enable the Odata feed?

2. You may please refer to https://odkcentral.docs.apiary.io/#reference/odata-endpoints/odata-form-service

3. In case you just want to analyze the data, you can use MS-Excel data tools.

1 Like

Hello @rameshbhalla81 thanks for response.

1. i got the Odata feed from odk central. The option of analyze with OData just above the particular form.
  2. i have gone through the doucumetation but i doesnt give me what i want exactly i need an endpoint to get all the form details the closest api endpoint gives me the form metadata not the particular records in the form.
  3. It works fine in power BI but i need to use it in postman also.

Hi @makwasi_Crispus! I think this section of the API documentation is relevant:

You will always find a link to the /Submissions subpath, which is the data document that represents the "root" table, the data from each Submission that is not nested within any repeats.

I think this link will give you what you need.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Found a useful link: https://docs.ropensci.org/ruODK/articles/odata-api.html
I hope this may help.

3 Likes

Thanks this helps a lot too.

2 Likes

Do share your learning and findings to help others in the community.

1 Like