I have a detailed questionnaire containing male and female section. On an ideal case both male and female respondent appear for the interview at the same time and their information is collected on two tablets so as not to keep them for long. I merge the two later on a unique identifier.
In many scenarios, however, either the male comes for the interview first and female at a later point or vice versa.
My problem is the following:
- If the Male comes first, he will answer all the male sections.
- The enumerator will then save partially the form for a later date when the female comes.
- I have a variable that asks what respondent they have, on toggling this when the female appears for the interview, the female sections appear.
- This skips all the male sections as intended.
- The downside of it is that the data stored by the form is that of the last respondent (female).
- It is the same if the female came first.
- My idea was to store the whole string of data as one.
Any ideas of how to go around this?