1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I cannot convert the excel to xls form and it gives me the error: Error: dictionary update sequence element #0 has length 1; 2 is required
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers. ODK Collect, http://opendatakit.org/xlsform/
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem? yes google it, looked through the overstackflow, looked into the questionnaire....
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
please attach your form, then we can try to help you.
I am sorry I cannot upload the form, it is confidential work.
Any general suggestions?
If you can attach it here please use an external file uploaded like https://uploadfiles.io/
It's unfortunately going to be really hard to pinpoint without a form. Perhaps you can do something like remove half the form, try to convert it, see if it works and then keep removing parts to try to hone in on where the problem is?
Another idea is that you could run
pyxform from the command line and share the full error message. What you've shared is just a summary.
Hi, that suggestion gave me a solution, thanks.
I removed the form from the original excel file, copied and pasted values onto a new one and the conversion worked.
Sadly I do not know what caused the error. But solved it!
Thank you for your time.