Error Getting Form List

Hello,

Please help! I am new at ODK and trying to build a form to then be
retrieved by ODK Collect on an IDEOS phone. However, the form does not
seem to go to our server (ihubopendatakit.appspot.com). When I try to
"Get New Forms" on the ODK Android Application on the phone, I receive
an error message that says, "Error Getting Form List: Form listing
failed. DorucmentBuilderFactory Error: Unexpected end of document.

Please help me if possible!
Thanks in advance.
Angela

hey angela,

we need a little more information before we can help. what version of
aggregate and collect are you using? are you sure your permissions are
setup to allow form downloads? it'd also be great if you could grant
me (yanokwa@gmail.com) admin permissions so i can take a quick look to
help track down the issue.

asante,

yaw

··· On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:46, iHub Research wrote: > Hello, > > Please help! I am new at ODK and trying to build a form to then be > retrieved by ODK Collect on an IDEOS phone. However, the form does not > seem to go to our server (ihubopendatakit.appspot.com). When I try to > "Get New Forms" on the ODK Android Application on the phone, I receive > an error message that says, "Error Getting Form List: Form listing > failed. DorucmentBuilderFactory Error: Unexpected end of document. > > Please help me if possible! > Thanks in advance. > Angela > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi angela,

I was getting the same error. I uninstalled the ODK Collect that I
had and downloaded the newer version. Now it's working fine. It's
probably an issue with the versions.

Sanjeev

··· On Sep 23, 1:07 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > hey angela, > > we need a little more information before we can help. what version of > aggregate and collect are you using? are you sure your permissions are > setup to allow form downloads? it'd also be great if you could grant > me (yano...@gmail.com) admin permissions so i can take a quick look to > help track down the issue. > > asante, > > yaw > > > > > > > > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:46, iHub Research wrote: > > Hello, > > > Please help! I am new at ODK and trying to build a form to then be > > retrieved by ODK Collect on an IDEOS phone. However, the form does not > > seem to go to our server (ihubopendatakit.appspot.com). When I try to > > "Get New Forms" on the ODK Android Application on the phone, I receive > > an error message that says, "Error Getting Form List: Form listing > > failed. DorucmentBuilderFactory Error: Unexpected end of document. > > > Please help me if possible! > > Thanks in advance. > > Angela > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hi Yaw,

Thanks for the reply. We are running the latest versions of Aggregate
and Collect. I THINK permissions are set up for mobile downloads but
not sure exactly.

I have granted permission to yanokwa@gmail.com. Hope you can help further!

Thanks,
Angela

··· On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > hey angela, > > we need a little more information before we can help. what version of > aggregate and collect are you using? are you sure your permissions are > setup to allow form downloads? it'd also be great if you could grant > me (yanokwa@gmail.com) admin permissions so i can take a quick look to > help track down the issue. > > asante, > > yaw > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:46, iHub Research wrote: >> Hello, >> >> Please help! I am new at ODK and trying to build a form to then be >> retrieved by ODK Collect on an IDEOS phone. However, the form does not >> seem to go to our server (ihubopendatakit.appspot.com). When I try to >> "Get New Forms" on the ODK Android Application on the phone, I receive >> an error message that says, "Error Getting Form List: Form listing >> failed. DorucmentBuilderFactory Error: Unexpected end of document. >> >> Please help me if possible! >> Thanks in advance. >> Angela >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >

--
Angela H.S. Crandall
Research Project Manager
*iHub_ Research
angelac@ihub.co.ke
+254 (0) 712 059 848

Hi,

I am getting the same problem and error message.

Collect v1.1.5
Aggregate v1.0 RC-1

Android 1.5

Thanks, Adam

··· On Sep 26, 6:12 am, Angela Crandall wrote: > Hi Yaw, > > Thanks for the reply. We are running the latest versions of Aggregate > and Collect. I THINK permissions are set up for mobile downloads but > not sure exactly. > > I have granted permission to yano...@gmail.com. Hope you can help further! > > Thanks, > Angela > > > > > > > > > > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > hey angela, > > > we need a little more information before we can help. what version of > > aggregate and collect are you using? are you sure your permissions are > > setup to allow form downloads? it'd also be great if you could grant > > me (yano...@gmail.com) admin permissions so i can take a quick look to > > help track down the issue. > > > asante, > > > yaw > > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:46, iHub Research wrote: > >> Hello, > > >> Please help! I am new at ODK and trying to build a form to then be > >> retrieved by ODK Collect on an IDEOS phone. However, the form does not > >> seem to go to our server (ihubopendatakit.appspot.com). When I try to > >> "Get New Forms" on the ODK Android Application on the phone, I receive > >> an error message that says, "Error Getting Form List: Form listing > >> failed. DorucmentBuilderFactory Error: Unexpected end of document. > > >> Please help me if possible! > >> Thanks in advance. > >> Angela > > >> -- > >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Angela H.S. Crandall > Research Project Manager > *iHub_ Research > ange...@ihub.co.ke > +254 (0) 712 059 848

angela,

i just tried with odk collect 1.1.7-rc1 and it seems to be working ok.

if you are using collect 1.1.5, then we know there is a problem. see
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/detail?id=298 for our
progress on that bug.

yaw

··· On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 14:12, Angela Crandall wrote: > Hi Yaw, > > Thanks for the reply. We are running the latest versions of Aggregate > and Collect. I THINK permissions are set up for mobile downloads but > not sure exactly. > > I have granted permission to yanokwa@gmail.com. Hope you can help further! > > Thanks, > Angela > > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> hey angela, >> >> we need a little more information before we can help. what version of >> aggregate and collect are you using? are you sure your permissions are >> setup to allow form downloads? it'd also be great if you could grant >> me (yanokwa@gmail.com) admin permissions so i can take a quick look to >> help track down the issue. >> >> asante, >> >> yaw >> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:46, iHub Research wrote: >>> Hello, >>> >>> Please help! I am new at ODK and trying to build a form to then be >>> retrieved by ODK Collect on an IDEOS phone. However, the form does not >>> seem to go to our server (ihubopendatakit.appspot.com). When I try to >>> "Get New Forms" on the ODK Android Application on the phone, I receive >>> an error message that says, "Error Getting Form List: Form listing >>> failed. DorucmentBuilderFactory Error: Unexpected end of document. >>> >>> Please help me if possible! >>> Thanks in advance. >>> Angela >>> >>> -- >>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >> > > > > -- > Angela H.S. Crandall > Research Project Manager > *iHub_ Research > angelac@ihub.co.ke > +254 (0) 712 059 848 >

Hi Yaw,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know which ODK collect we are using; I just downloaded from "Market" in the Android store.

RE: Aggregate: I downloaded "ODKAggregate v1.0 RC1 osx-installer.app.zip"

Will try to see which Collect version we are using.

THanks,

Angela H.S. Crandall
Research Project Manager
*iHub_ Research
angelac@ihub.co.ke
+254 (0) 712 059 848

··· On Sep 28, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

angela,

progress on that bug.

yaw

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 14:12, Angela Crandall angelac@ihub.co.ke wrote:

Hi Yaw,

not sure exactly.

Thanks,
Angela

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

hey angela,

asante,

yaw
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:46, iHub Research ihub.research@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Angela

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Angela H.S. Crandall
Research Project Manager
*iHub_ Research
angelac@ihub.co.ke
+254 (0) 712 059 848

Awesome. It's working now! Thanks so much for for help!

Angela H.S. Crandall
Research Project Manager
*iHub_ Research
angelac@ihub.co.ke
+254 (0) 712 059 848

··· On Sep 28, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

angela,

progress on that bug.

yaw

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 14:12, Angela Crandall angelac@ihub.co.ke wrote:

Hi Yaw,

not sure exactly.

Thanks,
Angela

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@gmail.com wrote:

hey angela,

asante,

yaw
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:46, iHub Research ihub.research@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Angela

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Angela H.S. Crandall
Research Project Manager
*iHub_ Research
angelac@ihub.co.ke
+254 (0) 712 059 848