Error in opening filled forms for editing

Hi all,
I have assigned the same project and the same six forms within the project to 10 surveyors who scanned their respective Client Configuration Code to get access to the six forms. However, for 2 surveyors, forms in 'Edit Saved Form' section of ODK Collect give the error mentioned in the attached image. Device being used is Nokia Android 1 and operating system is Android 9.0.

Form version for the form that is showing this error is: 1 (2022-03-03 04:30:00). Is there any issue with the form version perhaps?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi @R_am
That error means those devices somehow downloaded the same form twice. This is something that happens from time to time but it shouldn't. Could you tell us what ODK Collect and ODK Central versions you are using?

To solve the issue you can try this:

1. Go to Settings -> Form management and uncheck Hide old form versions
  2. Go to Delete Saved Form section (from the main menu) and open Blank forms tab
  3. You should see two forms with the same version and id just remove one of them.
2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, @Grzesiek2010
I cannot seem to remove one of the two forms. Instead, I deleted the saved forms and had to rescan the project QR code.

Could you let me know why this happens from time to time? Is there something I am doing wrong?
I am using server (v1.3.3) of ODK Central and my data entry team is using v2022.1.2 of ODK Collect.

Could you let me know why this happens from time to time? Is there something I am doing wrong?
I am using server (v1.3.3) of ODK Central and my data entry team is using v2022.1.2 of ODK Collect.

This might happen if you download two forms with the same id and version number. Generally ODK Central protects us from doing that and if you update your form you have to bump its version number too. However if you use drfts (without publishing your form on Central) then you are not protected. Is tat your case? Did you use drafts that were not published?

I would update the forms but not update the version number (so for example my original form would be 1 (2022-03-03 01:07:16) and the second time I would revise the form it will be 1 (2022-03-10 12:20:21). The data entry team got access to the project and the forms once all the forms' latest drafts were published and I did not publish any draft when they started using the forms on the field. A little new to ODK so maybe I had to bump the version number instead of only the timestamp?

1 (2022-03-03 01:07:16)

what is that? form_id or what? I'm not sure where you add that change.