Error: "Invalid Sheet Id" - please help

Hi All,

This is my first time using ODK and I am trying to transfer a completed form from an android tablet to my pc via USB. Every time I click the send finalized form button, I get an error reply that reads "invalid sheet id."

I know there have been a couple of other posts about this in this forum - and I have read them. Unfortunately, none of the replies were helpful to my situation.

Can someone please, in very basic language, explain to me how I can troubleshoot or fix this issue? Thanks a ton!

Hi there,

If you want to get data from your phone to your computer via USB, you
need to pull the data using ODK Briefcase:
https://opendatakit.org/use/briefcase/

Send Finalized Form is for sending data via Wi-Fi or cell network to
ODK Aggregate or Google Sheets.

Yaw

ยทยทยท On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 2:21 AM, wrote: > Hi All, > > This is my first time using ODK and I am trying to transfer a completed form from an android tablet to my pc via USB. Every time I click the send finalized form button, I get an error reply that reads "invalid sheet id." > > I know there have been a couple of other posts about this in this forum - and I have read them. Unfortunately, none of the replies were helpful to my situation. > > Can someone please, in very basic language, explain to me how I can troubleshoot or fix this issue? Thanks a ton! > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

We cannot transfer a completed form to another PC via USB. There are two ways to do that:

1. Upload to aggregate server or your own server
  2. Upload to Google Sheets

So if you want to upload to "Google Sheets" then follow these steps:

1. Goto Settings > Server Settings and choose Google Sheets
  2. Choose Gmail account using which the form will be uploaded
  3. Create a blank google sheet here
  4. Copy and paste the link to the newly created Google sheet in the app

I get an error reply that reads "invalid sheet id."

This error is displayed when the google sheet URL which is entered into the server settings is invalid.
So you just need to provide a valid google sheets URL.

Regards,
Shobhit

Hi Shobhit,

Thanks so much for your reply. My issue is I have to transfer the completed
surveys from my android tablet to my encrypted laptop *offline. *I cannot
use a server.

I am working in a low-income country and the NGO I am working with is not
capable of supporting a server that will meet IRB specifications. So I have
to do an offline transfer. I know its possible to transfer music or just
about anything else via the usb cable from tablet to laptop, why is it not
possible to send a survey? Someone before suggested I can use ODK briefcase
but I haven't had time to check this out. Would ODK briefcase work?

Best,
FAITH study team

Yes, you can use ODK Briefcase to pull the data off the device. Try it and let us know how it goes!

I entered a wrong Google sheet URL in settings, and have over 40 completed forms in with the wrong URL. How can I send this forms to my google sheets?

As mentioned in the documentation, (https://docs.opendatakit.org/collect-connect-google/) the fallback url in general settings is only applied if the forms do no contain submission url. So, you'll have to manually change the submission url of form. The forms are stored under /sdcard/odk/forms.

Please take a backup of the current form before making any changes. After making the required change, try sending a dummy completed form before trying out with the actual forms.

I'm not really sure if this will work or not. Let us know if this works for you...

How can I change the submission url of an already completed form on my android device?