Error Message: There has been a problem trying to replace ${product type} with the XPath to the survey element named 'product type'. There is no survey element with this name

Hello House.

I am new to ODK. I designed my questionnaire using the XLSform and I am
having difficulty doing the conversion to Xform. It keeps showing me this
error 'Error: There has been a problem trying to replace ${product type}
with the XPath to the survey element named 'product type'. There is no
survey element with this name.' Even when I deleted this particular
question, the same error still comes up. I don't know what I am not doing
right

Can someone help me out please, this is really frustrating...

You have a reference on your *calculations *or *relevant *columns to a
question that is not listed.

You have two options:

1. Add product type question: In the *name *column include a question
    called product type. Be careful since the response to this question
    will be used in the place where you included the reference.
  2. *Remove reference to product type question: *In Excel, search for the
    text product type. You will probably find it in a formula in the *calculations
    *or *relevant *columns. Delete the formula. This will also remove the
    functionality the formula was provided.

Best,

Diego

··· On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 3:29:04 AM UTC-5, resmark...@gmail.com wrote: > > Hello House. > > I am new to ODK. I designed my questionnaire using the XLSform and I am > having difficulty doing the conversion to Xform. It keeps showing me this > error 'Error: There has been a problem trying to replace ${product type} > with the XPath to the survey element named 'product type'. There is no > survey element with this name.' Even when I deleted this particular > question, the same error still comes up. I don't know what I am not doing > right > > Can someone help me out please, this is really frustrating... >

You probably also have to rename the reference and the question:

• Instead of product type use product_type.

Your best bet is to search the document and change all references.

Best,

Diego

··· On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 9:33:01 AM UTC-5, Diego R Z wrote: > > You have a reference on your *calculations *or *relevant *columns to a > question that is not listed. > > You have two options: > > 1. *Add product type question:* In the *name *column include a > question called *product type*. Be careful since the response to this > question will be used in the place where you included the reference. > 2. *Remove reference to product type question: *In Excel, search for > the text *product type*. You will probably find it in a formula in the *calculations > *or *relevant *columns. Delete the formula. This will also remove the > functionality the formula was provided. > > Best, > > Diego > > > > On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 3:29:04 AM UTC-5, resmark...@gmail.com wrote: >> >> Hello House. >> >> I am new to ODK. I designed my questionnaire using the XLSform and I am >> having difficulty doing the conversion to Xform. It keeps showing me this >> error 'Error: There has been a problem trying to replace ${product type} >> with the XPath to the survey element named 'product type'. There is no >> survey element with this name.' Even when I deleted this particular >> question, the same error still comes up. I don't know what I am not doing >> right >> >> Can someone help me out please, this is really frustrating... >> >