ODK forms using the XLSForm format, converted them to XML and uploaded them
to our server for use with ODK Collect. Our data collectors have reported
receiving an error message that says, "Unfortunately, ODK Collect has
stopped." after trying to enter data in ODK Collect on the tablet. When the
error message displays, the screen freezes on the tablet and the only way
to exit the frozen screen is to select the back arrow which will then allow
the user to save changes. The next time the user goes to "Fill Blank Form"
in ODK Collect, the form that was frozen will appear with the data that
were entered up to the point where the error message occurred.

I think this is occurring most often after trying to enter data into a
barcode field type at the top of our forms. Attached are our XLSForms that
I was hoping you could review to see if there is something with our set-up
which is causing this error message.

Thank you,
Jacqueline Fiore

xlsform_Household_Form_v0.30.xls (131 KB)

xlsform_IndividualForm_v0.17.xls (50.5 KB)

The forms look fine. Can you capture an error log when this error occurs?
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/CollectTroubleshooting

Once we have an error log that shows the exact location of the failure, we
can eliminate it. If you are able to duplicate the crash, please open a
new issue, attaching the error log and the steps you went through to
reproduce the issue (e.g., "I rotated the tablet while launching barcode
scanner and it crashed.", or "Just launched barcode scanner -- seems to
fail 1 out of every 30 times." etc.).

It is likely that ODK Collect is stopping/crashing due to slight changes in
the ordering of the events it receives when transitioning to the barcode
scanning app. This may be due to the faster processors in the Asus tablet,
or due to the new 4.1.1 OS, or due to user actions (e.g., rotating tablet
causing a screen orientation change) while launching the barcode scanner.

We don't have the ASUS tablet, so we are unlikely to be able to reproduce
the issue here if it is due to a combination of the first two items;
capturing an error log will help us greatly.

Mitch

··· On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM, jfiore wrote:

Hello,

I am using ODK Collect v1.2 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Android
4.1.1 OS and the zebra crossing app installed on the tablet. I created my

Thank you,
Jacqueline Fiore

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Hi Member,

I am using a form developed in XLS Form format, and after converting the file to xml and loading it to my tablet, I get the error message "Unfortunately, ODK Collect has stopped." and the app closes

I am not able to enter any data using the form. What could be problem in the attached?

Thanks
Juma

ibbss_fsw_french.xml (478 KB)

ibbss_fsw_french.xlsx (59.6 KB)

··· On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:31:06 PM UTC+3, jfiore wrote: > Hello, > > I am using ODK Collect v1.2 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Android 4.1.1 OS and the zebra crossing app installed on the tablet. I created my ODK forms using the XLSForm format, converted them to XML and uploaded them to our server for use with ODK Collect. Our data collectors have reported receiving an error message that says, "Unfortunately, ODK Collect has stopped." after trying to enter data in ODK Collect on the tablet. When the error message displays, the screen freezes on the tablet and the only way to exit the frozen screen is to select the back arrow which will then allow the user to save changes. The next time the user goes to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect, the form that was frozen will appear with the data that were entered up to the point where the error message occurred. > > I think this is occurring most often after trying to enter data into a barcode field type at the top of our forms. Attached are our XLSForms that I was hoping you could review to see if there is something with our set-up which is causing this error message. > > Thank you, > Jacqueline Fiore

Jacqueline, you should try to see if the tablet has a screen position lock,
that might fix your problem. I have an iPhone and in certain applicatons
that I use on my phone it crashed out when the screen orientation turns
while in the program.

Rox.

··· On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Mitch S wrote:

The forms look fine. Can you capture an error log when this error occurs?
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/CollectTroubleshooting

Once we have an error log that shows the exact location of the failure, we
can eliminate it. If you are able to duplicate the crash, please open a
new issue, attaching the error log and the steps you went through to
reproduce the issue (e.g., "I rotated the tablet while launching barcode
scanner and it crashed.", or "Just launched barcode scanner -- seems to
fail 1 out of every 30 times." etc.).

It is likely that ODK Collect is stopping/crashing due to slight changes
in the ordering of the events it receives when transitioning to the barcode
scanning app. This may be due to the faster processors in the Asus tablet,
or due to the new 4.1.1 OS, or due to user actions (e.g., rotating tablet
causing a screen orientation change) while launching the barcode scanner.

We don't have the ASUS tablet, so we are unlikely to be able to reproduce
the issue here if it is due to a combination of the first two items;
capturing an error log will help us greatly.

Mitch

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM, jfiore jfiore1@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I am using ODK Collect v1.2 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Android
4.1.1 OS and the zebra crossing app installed on the tablet. I created my

Thank you,
Jacqueline Fiore

--

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--

--
Play it forward and Have a good one!

"Like a camera I use the negative to develop..uDig"
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of
enthusiasm"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
OutSourceRox*
Roxroy K. Bollers
GIS and IT Consultant
tel. 592.685.2737
Follow Us On
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/OutSourceRox
Google+ https://plus.google.com/114064153117817313312
Web http://twitinternational.com/outsourcerox.htm

Portfolio:

The forms look fine. Can you capture an error log when this error occurs? http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/CollectTroubleshooting

Once we have an error log that shows the exact location of the failure, we can eliminate it. If you are able to duplicate the crash, please open a new issue, attaching the error log and the steps you went through to reproduce the issue (e.g., "I rotated the tablet while launching barcode scanner and it crashed.", or "Just launched barcode scanner -- seems to fail 1 out of every 30 times." etc.).

It is likely that ODK Collect is stopping/crashing due to slight changes in the ordering of the events it receives when transitioning to the barcode scanning app. This may be due to the faster processors in the Asus tablet, or due to the new 4.1.1 OS, or due to user actions (e.g., rotating tablet causing a screen orientation change) while launching the barcode scanner.

We don't have the ASUS tablet, so we are unlikely to be able to reproduce the issue here if it is due to a combination of the first two items; capturing an error log will help us greatly.

Mitch

Hello,

I am using ODK Collect v1.2 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Android 4.1.1 OS and the zebra crossing app installed on the tablet. I created my ODK forms using the XLSForm format, converted them to XML and uploaded them to our server for use with ODK Collect. Our data collectors have reported receiving an error message that says, "Unfortunately, ODK Collect has stopped." after trying to enter data in ODK Collect on the tablet. When the error message displays, the screen freezes on the tablet and the only way to exit the frozen screen is to select the back arrow which will then allow the user to save changes. The next time the user goes to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect, the form that was frozen will appear with the data that were entered up to the point where the error message occurred.

I think this is occurring most often after trying to enter data into a barcode field type at the top of our forms. Attached are our XLSForms that I was hoping you could review to see if there is something with our set-up which is causing this error message.

Thank you,
Jacqueline Fiore

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

Hi Micth

We are getting a message 'ODK collect has stopped’ when we go to take a photograph (embedded in ODK) or if we play a video which is not embedded in ODK but stored separately on the same tablet on which we are collecting data. I have attached our excel.

We tried again with less information in the 'restraints' and now it appears on opening the file. We are using tablets with 1GB ram and 10GB ROM. Any help would be very much appreciated as we have all the team ready to go.

Thank you so much
Kirstie Jagoe

BCC_Baseline_MainSurvey_ODK_FULL_STUDY_SW_v2.xlsx (132 KB)

··· On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 4:47:30 PM UTC-4, Mitch Sundt wrote: > On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM, jfiore wrote:

Hi Kirstie,

Please file a separate issue for this at
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/new. The more
information you can include (e.g., Android version, Collect version,
attached form, stack trace) the better!

Yaw

··· On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:32 AM, wrote: > On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 4:47:30 PM UTC-4, Mitch Sundt wrote: >> The forms look fine. Can you capture an error log when this error occurs? http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/CollectTroubleshooting >> >> >> Once we have an error log that shows the exact location of the failure, we can eliminate it. If you are able to duplicate the crash, please open a new issue, attaching the error log and the steps you went through to reproduce the issue (e.g., "I rotated the tablet while launching barcode scanner and it crashed.", or "Just launched barcode scanner -- seems to fail 1 out of every 30 times." etc.). >> >> >> It is likely that ODK Collect is stopping/crashing due to slight changes in the ordering of the events it receives when transitioning to the barcode scanning app. This may be due to the faster processors in the Asus tablet, or due to the new 4.1.1 OS, or due to user actions (e.g., rotating tablet causing a screen orientation change) while launching the barcode scanner. >> >> >> We don't have the ASUS tablet, so we are unlikely to be able to reproduce the issue here if it is due to a combination of the first two items; capturing an error log will help us greatly. >> >> Mitch >> >> >> >> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM, jfiore wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> I am using ODK Collect v1.2 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Android 4.1.1 OS and the zebra crossing app installed on the tablet. I created my ODK forms using the XLSForm format, converted them to XML and uploaded them to our server for use with ODK Collect. Our data collectors have reported receiving an error message that says, "Unfortunately, ODK Collect has stopped." after trying to enter data in ODK Collect on the tablet. When the error message displays, the screen freezes on the tablet and the only way to exit the frozen screen is to select the back arrow which will then allow the user to save changes. The next time the user goes to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect, the form that was frozen will appear with the data that were entered up to the point where the error message occurred. >> >> >> I think this is occurring most often after trying to enter data into a barcode field type at the top of our forms. Attached are our XLSForms that I was hoping you could review to see if there is something with our set-up which is causing this error message. >> >> >> Thank you, >> Jacqueline Fiore >> >> >> >> >> >> -- >> >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >> >> >> -- >> Mitch Sundt >> Software Engineer >> University of Washington >> mitche...@gmail.com > > Hi Micth > > We are getting a message 'ODK collect has stopped’ when we go to take a photograph (embedded in ODK) or if we play a video which is not embedded in ODK but stored separately on the same tablet on which we are collecting data. I have attached our excel. > > We tried again with less information in the 'restraints' and now it appears on opening the file. We are using tablets with 1GB ram and 10GB ROM. Any help would be very much appreciated as we have all the team ready to go. > > Thank you so much > Kirstie Jagoe > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you Yaw. I will do this first thing tomorrow. Can I clarify what you mean by stack trace?

··· Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 7, 2017, at 11:46 PM, Yaw Anokwa yanokwa@nafundi.com wrote:

Hi Kirstie,

Please file a separate issue for this at
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/new. The more
information you can include (e.g., Android version, Collect version,
attached form, stack trace) the better!

Yaw

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:32 AM, kjagoe@berkeleyair.com wrote:

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 4:47:30 PM UTC-4, Mitch Sundt wrote:
The forms look fine. Can you capture an error log when this error occurs? http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/CollectTroubleshooting

Once we have an error log that shows the exact location of the failure, we can eliminate it. If you are able to duplicate the crash, please open a new issue, attaching the error log and the steps you went through to reproduce the issue (e.g., "I rotated the tablet while launching barcode scanner and it crashed.", or "Just launched barcode scanner -- seems to fail 1 out of every 30 times." etc.).

It is likely that ODK Collect is stopping/crashing due to slight changes in the ordering of the events it receives when transitioning to the barcode scanning app. This may be due to the faster processors in the Asus tablet, or due to the new 4.1.1 OS, or due to user actions (e.g., rotating tablet causing a screen orientation change) while launching the barcode scanner.

We don't have the ASUS tablet, so we are unlikely to be able to reproduce the issue here if it is due to a combination of the first two items; capturing an error log will help us greatly.

Mitch

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM, jfiore jfi...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I am using ODK Collect v1.2 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Android 4.1.1 OS and the zebra crossing app installed on the tablet. I created my ODK forms using the XLSForm format, converted them to XML and uploaded them to our server for use with ODK Collect. Our data collectors have reported receiving an error message that says, "Unfortunately, ODK Collect has stopped." after trying to enter data in ODK Collect on the tablet. When the error message displays, the screen freezes on the tablet and the only way to exit the frozen screen is to select the back arrow which will then allow the user to save changes. The next time the user goes to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect, the form that was frozen will appear with the data that were entered up to the point where the error message occurred.

I think this is occurring most often after trying to enter data into a barcode field type at the top of our forms. Attached are our XLSForms that I was hoping you could review to see if there is something with our set-up which is causing this error message.

Thank you,
Jacqueline Fiore

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

Hi Micth

We are getting a message 'ODK collect has stopped’ when we go to take a photograph (embedded in ODK) or if we play a video which is not embedded in ODK but stored separately on the same tablet on which we are collecting data. I have attached our excel.

We tried again with less information in the 'restraints' and now it appears on opening the file. We are using tablets with 1GB ram and 10GB ROM. Any help would be very much appreciated as we have all the team ready to go.

Thank you so much
Kirstie Jagoe

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/opendatakit/bivprqH5Jvo/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

The process is outlined at

··· On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Kirstie Jagoe wrote: > Thank you Yaw. I will do this first thing tomorrow. Can I clarify what you mean by stack trace? > > Sent from my iPhone > >> On Feb 7, 2017, at 11:46 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >> Hi Kirstie, >> >> Please file a separate issue for this at >> https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/new. The more >> information you can include (e.g., Android version, Collect version, >> attached form, stack trace) the better! >> >> Yaw >> >>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:32 AM, wrote: >>>> On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 4:47:30 PM UTC-4, Mitch Sundt wrote: >>>> The forms look fine. Can you capture an error log when this error occurs? http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/CollectTroubleshooting >>>> >>>> >>>> Once we have an error log that shows the exact location of the failure, we can eliminate it. If you are able to duplicate the crash, please open a new issue, attaching the error log and the steps you went through to reproduce the issue (e.g., "I rotated the tablet while launching barcode scanner and it crashed.", or "Just launched barcode scanner -- seems to fail 1 out of every 30 times." etc.). >>>> >>>> >>>> It is likely that ODK Collect is stopping/crashing due to slight changes in the ordering of the events it receives when transitioning to the barcode scanning app. This may be due to the faster processors in the Asus tablet, or due to the new 4.1.1 OS, or due to user actions (e.g., rotating tablet causing a screen orientation change) while launching the barcode scanner. >>>> >>>> >>>> We don't have the ASUS tablet, so we are unlikely to be able to reproduce the issue here if it is due to a combination of the first two items; capturing an error log will help us greatly. >>>> >>>> Mitch >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM, jfiore wrote: >>>> >>>> Hello, >>>> >>>> I am using ODK Collect v1.2 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Android 4.1.1 OS and the zebra crossing app installed on the tablet. I created my ODK forms using the XLSForm format, converted them to XML and uploaded them to our server for use with ODK Collect. Our data collectors have reported receiving an error message that says, "Unfortunately, ODK Collect has stopped." after trying to enter data in ODK Collect on the tablet. When the error message displays, the screen freezes on the tablet and the only way to exit the frozen screen is to select the back arrow which will then allow the user to save changes. The next time the user goes to "Fill Blank Form" in ODK Collect, the form that was frozen will appear with the data that were entered up to the point where the error message occurred. >>>> >>>> >>>> I think this is occurring most often after trying to enter data into a barcode field type at the top of our forms. Attached are our XLSForms that I was hoping you could review to see if there is something with our set-up which is causing this error message. >>>> >>>> >>>> Thank you, >>>> Jacqueline Fiore >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> >>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>> >>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>>> >>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Mitch Sundt >>>> Software Engineer >>>> University of Washington >>>> mitche...@gmail.com >>> >>> Hi Micth >>> >>> We are getting a message 'ODK collect has stopped’ when we go to take a photograph (embedded in ODK) or if we play a video which is not embedded in ODK but stored separately on the same tablet on which we are collecting data. I have attached our excel. >>> >>> We tried again with less information in the 'restraints' and now it appears on opening the file. We are using tablets with 1GB ram and 10GB ROM. Any help would be very much appreciated as we have all the team ready to go. >>> >>> Thank you so much >>> Kirstie Jagoe >>> >>> -- >>> -- >>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> --- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >> -- >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/opendatakit/bivprqH5Jvo/unsubscribe. >> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.