Error:Process 'command 'git'' finished with non-zero exit value 128 on ODK Connect

Hello All,
Please I need your help, I am trying to work on the ODK Connect source code and can't seem to get any step-by-step guide on the configiration on android studio. I open the project and keep getting this error:

"Error:Process 'command 'git'' finished with non-zero exit value 128"

I have tried all I can and still not making any headway on this. I am new to the use of android studio for development too.

Regards

First, follow the tutorials for Android Studio:
http://developer.android.com/training/index.html

Once you have the general mechanics and the necessary libraries installed
on your computer, then progress to try to build the ODK Collect source code.

It sounds like there is something wrong with your Git installation. Or the
network delays are causing failures.

I use a separate Git tool ( i.e.,
https://www.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/overview ) to pull all the
repositories to my local computer, then launch Android Studio and import
the build.gradle file.

You may want to do the same. It would help separate the Git tool issues
from any build issues.

··· On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM, kunleshipo wrote:

Hello All,
Please I need your help, I am trying to work on the ODK Connect source
code and can't seem to get any step-by-step guide on the configiration on
android studio. I open the project and keep getting this error:

"Error:Process 'command 'git'' finished with non-zero exit value 128"

I have tried all I can and still not making any headway on this. I am new
to the use of android studio for development too.

Regards

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks Mitch, I will do that and get back.

··· On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Mitch Sundt wrote:

First, follow the tutorials for Android Studio:
http://developer.android.com/training/index.html

Once you have the general mechanics and the necessary libraries installed
on your computer, then progress to try to build the ODK Collect source code.

It sounds like there is something wrong with your Git installation. Or the
network delays are causing failures.

I use a separate Git tool ( i.e.,
https://www.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/overview ) to pull all the
repositories to my local computer, then launch Android Studio and import
the build.gradle file.

You may want to do the same. It would help separate the Git tool issues
from any build issues.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM, kunleshipo kunleshipo@gmail.com wrote:

Hello All,
Please I need your help, I am trying to work on the ODK Connect source
code and can't seem to get any step-by-step guide on the configiration on
android studio. I open the project and keep getting this error:

"Error:Process 'command 'git'' finished with non-zero exit value 128"

I have tried all I can and still not making any headway on this. I am new
to the use of android studio for development too.

Regards

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/opendatakit-developers/GE3Bh4oC2FU/unsubscribe
.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hey Mitch, did you get a work around for this? I'm badly stuck too!

No. From the error, there appears to be something wrong with your
installation of Android Studio and/or git.

You might try uninstalling all of those and re-installing.

··· On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:26 AM, wrote:

Hey Mitch, did you get a work around for this? I'm badly stuck too!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com