Error: The survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

1. uploading excel form to odk Error: The survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers"
  2. Google drive
  3. this Error: "Error: The survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers"
  4. Anything better

Hi @ict2021

The information you provided is a bit too limited to diagnose the issue.
Could it be that you are trying to upload a file in the wrong format, e.g. xml instead of xlsx?

Kindly share the file you are using and clarify where you are trying to upload it, so the community can better assist.

Best,
Andrea

hi, I have written the Questionnaire in excel the file format is excel work book then I tried to upload it to odk its giving me the above error "Error: The survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers" please see below my excel file. Thank you
NEEDS IDENTIFICATION & PROFILING OF NOMADIC YOUTHS FOR SKILLS ACQUISITION (EMPOWERMENT) TRAINING.xlsx (13.0 KB)

Hi @ict2021

Thank you for sharing the file.

It seems your worksheets are named "Survey" and "Choices".
If you replace them to lower-case "survey" and "choices" this error disappears.

Btw, there might be other errors you want to address though, e.g. ' choice list contains duplicates'

Best,
Andrea

Thank you sir,
I wiill work it out to see, I really appreate.

I'm not sure why these sheets are case-sensitive to begin with. I've filed an issue at https://github.com/XLSForm/pyxform/issues/572 so we can change this behavior.

1 Like

Good morning all and a special greetings and many thanks goes to mr. @Andrea_Martin for heping me to over come the above error. I followed you side by side and solve the error, thank you once again have a wonderfull day.

Best Regards
Bello Aminu

Thank you @ict2021
Glad you were able to solve the issue!

Best,
Andrea

Hello @Andrea_Martin Andrea_Martin , i have the same issues with my files,here it is
ENQUETE IDENTIFICATION BENEFICIAIRES PROJET PDDCCRS-OIM.xlsx (19.3 KB)