Exported files after data collection

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

How to export files from ODK account to STATA? After data collection

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

Tablet
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Please show what steps I should take to export data collection from my ODK account to be used in STATA

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Tried to export it but it only shows excel option

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

1 Like

Please be sure to search the forum to see if your question has already been answered! That way you can get the quickest response possible.

New resource available: Stata program for handling ODK forms and data describes odkmeta which will allow you to import exported CSVs into STATA.

4 Likes

Hi @AbrarAlasmari as I understand that you from ODK and then importing in Stata, so once you are importing your data than you need to be write do files in which you need to label respective variables, need to decode, encode responses.
Than you can see your data in systematic way. If you want I can help you, I can guide you.

@LN @Stalker @AbrarAlasmari kobocollect servers has a way of exporting the metadata (value and variable labels to SPSS file which can easily be imported to STATA ). While ODK server only exports to CSV. We need need this feature in ODK. The suggested solution (ODKMETA) is not user friendly.

1 Like

Thank you so much, yes please I need your guidance and help ..

Also , I have two questions please

1- Can I change some of the data after exporting it from the odk account.. If i have any data entry mistakes ?

2- Can I have two data entry forms that have the same variables and questions and later export them together as one form ?

example

Form (1) in english and Hindi

form (2) in French and Arabic

Thanks a lot
Abrar

All changes can be easily done in Stata in English language while if you are doing changes in any other language than it will be hard and more time consuming.

1 Like

Thanks,
Can I make these changes when the file is exported to CSV?!

How about merging two forms of data ?! I have two forms in ODK account and collected data separately

Example
First for in English , French and Arabic
Second in Urdu ,Hindi and chines

Both forms have Amar variables and questions

Thanks
Abrar

I'm not a big Stata user, but I'd imagine it's fairly straightforward to combine two data sets. As with all things, I'd recommend you try it first and if you have specific problems, go from there!

And since this is a Stata question, you might be best served to ask the Stata team at https://www.stata.com/support.

2 Likes