Exporting encrypted encrypted csv file using ODK Briefcase

Hi,

I have been trying to export my encrypted test data using ODK Briefcase and my public-private key pair, but every time I export it, the csv file is blank except for the variable names in the header. Has anyone run into this problem before or does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thank you,
Ryan

Did you get the success message when the export was completed?

··· On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 12:03:19 AM UTC+2, rben...@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi, > > I have been trying to export my encrypted test data using ODK Briefcase > and my public-private key pair, but every time I export it, the csv file is > blank except for the variable names in the header. Has anyone run into > this problem before or does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong. > > Thank you, > Ryan

After downloading the previous version, ODK Briefcase v1.4.9, I was finally able to decrypt my forms with my private key. I was originally using v1.4.10, which is still a fairly new version, to decrypt my forms but never had any luck. I'm not too sure, but there might be a bug in v1.4.10 since I was able to decrypt in v1.4.9. If I'm wrong about v1.4.10, please let me know.

Ryan

··· On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 2:03:19 PM UTC-8, Ryan Bendo wrote: > Hi, > > I have been trying to export my encrypted test data using ODK Briefcase and my public-private key pair, but every time I export it, the csv file is blank except for the variable names in the header. Has anyone run into this problem before or does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong. > > Thank you, > Ryan

I never noticed the message in the corner but no it did not complete. I
forgot to download the JCE but after I did so, it still failed. Here is my
error:

Error decrypting submission uuid8d2c8480-d625-4058-86e2-57aab74f124a Cause:
org.opendatakit.briefcase.model.CryptoException: Error decrypting
base64EncryptedKey Cause: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot
find any provider supporting RSA/NONE/OAEPWithSHA256AndMGF1Padding
FAILED!

I am using java 8 on my computer but downloaded JCE for the Java 7 version
since it said so in the manual. Should I downgrade my java to java 7?

Thank you,
Ryan

··· On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:10 PM, wrote:

Did you get the success message when the export was completed?

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 12:03:19 AM UTC+2, rben...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I have been trying to export my encrypted test data using ODK Briefcase
and my public-private key pair, but every time I export it, the csv file is
blank except for the variable names in the header. Has anyone run into
this problem before or does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thank you,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Could you please comment on the issue at
https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/issues/65 and provide more
detail so we can try to reproduce?

We need to know your software/operating system, what steps you took,
and if you can, include the form and the keys. Note that the issue
tracker is public, so don't reuse the key.

Thanks,

Yaw

··· On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:01 AM, wrote: > On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 2:03:19 PM UTC-8, Ryan Bendo wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I have been trying to export my encrypted test data using ODK Briefcase and my public-private key pair, but every time I export it, the csv file is blank except for the variable names in the header. Has anyone run into this problem before or does anyone know if I am doing anything wrong. >> >> Thank you, >> Ryan > > After downloading the previous version, ODK Briefcase v1.4.9, I was finally able to decrypt my forms with my private key. I was originally using v1.4.10, which is still a fairly new version, to decrypt my forms but never had any luck. I'm not too sure, but there might be a bug in v1.4.10 since I was able to decrypt in v1.4.9. If I'm wrong about v1.4.10, please let me know. > > Ryan > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.