1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am trying to call Google maps to get address based on reverse geocoding of latitude and longitude.
I have hard-coded coordinates in the example to just test the behaviour.
When I try to get external data from google maps based on https://docs.getodk.org/launch-apps-from-collect/#external-apps-to-populate-multiple-fields (I assume maps return multiple values)
I get the message "the requested application is missing. Please manually enter the reading".
Also, I am not able to populate field City manually. No keyboard launches and I only see label "City"
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I have tried multiple devices with latest ODK collect from Google play.
I think this is Android device issue, app server should be irrelevant for this.
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Changing android.intent.action.ACTION_VIEW to
android.intent.action.VIEW launches browser
android.intent.action.DIAL launches phone so I think nothing is wrong with external app launch mechanism.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Create project with attached form and try to enter the data!
GoogleMapsIntentDemo.xlsx (9.8 KB)
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
I am Android newbie so could be that I misunderstood external intent configuration from ODK
Not completely sure about the syntax for URI that I use here.
Also, Google recommends using Maps URLs - but I don't see ODK support for this.