External choices .csv file updation

Hi Friends,
Need your help on External .csv choices regular updation
Case :
If i am willing to use external choices .csv file in my xls form for selecting choices with the help of search() expression it is done .
But in case of updating csv file after some changes being done i am getting problem .
So need help to upload updated csv file on the same.

1 Like

Hi Ravi,
if you only need to update a media (your csv file) and not the form itself (same structure), you just need to update the version number of your form in your xlsform, generate the xml file and upload both xml and media updated files.

Another tricky way is to synchronize phone directory with an "online" directory containing your up-to-date media files.

1 Like

And https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-update/ has more detail on how to do form updates.

Hi Friends,
Greetings of the day!!
My question is:
I have uploaded 5 different data collection form and the same data collector will collect each form.
For this, i have list of data collectors which i want to upload as server csv dataset which will be linked with every forms and will be used help of search() expression.
In case out of 10 data collectors any 2 get fired or get seek or 5 new data collectors joined the survey process, in this case i have to update the data collector list server dataset (Add or delete) .And the most important thing i don't want to change form version no. of any forms.Then what should i do for this.
If it is possible that only that external server dataset get updated and all the forms data collectors list get updated .But the forms versions remains the same.

By this method i need to update single server dataset and required changes will be done. The concerned data collectors can download the updated form . Other wise i will have to update each forms and the form version will be changed and it will take lot of time.
Please help me out.

1 Like

@ravird4 as detailed at https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-update, you must change the form version number on the forms you wish to update.

Thanks for the solution. It was really helpful.

1 Like