Failed precondition

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Google Sheets submissions don't allow underscores in the column name. If you intend to use Google Sheets submissions, replace underscores with hyphens in the following names:
When I try to submit data, I get FAILED PRECONDITION error
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Google sheet server. Am using Huawei phone p9

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried to remove underscore

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Create a form on Kobo toolbox. Then after uploading to google drive, download it to create a xml file
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @Jomoko
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

do you get that error converting forms or sending finalized forms to google sheets? I guess it's during converting because I tried a form with underscores and I was able to send finalized instances to google sheet.

Hi @Grzesiek2010.
Thanks.

Am getting the error when submitting to google sheets.

Please share the link you are using to convert to XML

I used http://opendatakit.org/xlsform/
what collect version do you use?
Could you share your form?

Tyer.xml (1.4 KB) Tyer.xlsx (18.2 KB)

I used the same link to convert.

The ODK collect app s v1.23.0

Neither this is also workingTyre.xlsx (22.1 KB)

The form itself is ok (at least the second one because I tried it) I was able to send a finalized form but using my own sheet. Are you share you have an access to the sheet you are trying to use? If I can't open it so maybe you have the same problem? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f5VwPwSUIUjAH3bb546DdzNz0MZIh4nv/edit#gid=1645773243

so what is making it to result to an error?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f5VwPwSUIUjAH3bb546DdzNz0MZIh4nv/edit#gid=1645773243 is working fine

do you mind sharing the XML you converted?

I've just requested access could you accept it? Then I could check what's wrong.

Granted access on the sheet

Have you created this spreadsheet using Excel or something like that and uploaded to Google Drive? If so it won't work please take a look here: Error 400 Bad Request "failed_precondition" on Collect to Google sheets

It's the same issue. You need to create such a spreadsheet suing Google Sheets.

So I start from scratch, create the survey, choices, setting and responses on google sheets?

Yeah just do that and let us know if it solves your problem.

Okay. Will let you know. But I have never encountered such even though have been uploading an excel all times.

I mean you can create a form using excel but the spreadsheet you want to use to upload submissions must be created using Google Sheets.

I was able to solve the issue. Thanks

How did you solve that?

The quick answer is that you the spreadsheet you want to use to upload filled forms has to be created using Google Sheets, it can't be an xls file uploaded to your google drive and just opened via Google Sheets.
Read all answers here and Error 400 Bad Request "failed_precondition" on Collect to Google sheets