Failed to upgrade Odk central v1.2 to v1.4

I attempted to upgrade odk central from v1.2 to v1.4 but failed, possibly because the same forms are not compatible with the latest version.
The server is now down.... we are unable to log in on the most recent version v1.4, possibly because it failed to upgrade all forms and projects.
We now want to downgrade to an older or previous version.
How to Downgrade to Version 1.2

Hi @ChamisaShaps! All Forms that work in v1.2 should also work in v1.4. If you are unable to log in, it sounds like something went wrong during the upgrade process. If possible, the best thing to do would be to figure out what that is. Do you see an error message during the upgrade process? Does part of the upgrade process take a long time?

It'd be helpful to see your server's log. To find that, log into your server, navigate to the project folder (cd central), then type:

docker-compose logs service

You can then copy the output here.

One thing to keep in mind is that upgrading from v1.2 or earlier to v1.3 or later requires an additional upgrade step. Make sure to follow those instructions in the documentation: https://docs.getodk.org/central-upgrade/#central-upgrade-1-3

You mentioned downgrading from v1.4 back to v1.2. However, it is usually not possible to downgrade Central after upgrading it. (We plan to document that more clearly and have a GitHub issue to do so here.) A downgrade may be possible if you have a backup of your data from before the upgrade. However, in addition to new features, each upgrade includes security updates and bug fixes, so we strongly encourage all users to upgrade on a regular basis.

Hie @Matthew_White thank you for your feedback...see below my odk log file error massage.
However if this upgrading continues failing....i am considering downgrading since i have the backup data set . Do you have the documentation or information for downgrading process

2 posts were split to a new topic: Central upgrade failed with passed parameter selectMultiple was not expected

@ChamisaShaps You are showing the logs of your nginx container. What do the logs of your service container say? You'll need to run docker-compose logs service.