File upload widget - option?

Hello Everyone,

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
It is not really a problem. More a question:
Is there any option available with the "File Upload widget" ?
Among other thing, is it possible to open a specific folder, so that the user will not have to navigate to every folder of the device ?
And also, is there a way to store the file name into the Aggregate DB ?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Collect 1.22.2
ODK Aggregate 2.0.3
Samsung S7

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I read the documentation
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

No. What options would you like to have?

No.

I would say no as well but I'm not sure so @ggalmazor please answer.

Thanks for the answers.
For the "option" part, I was thinking on opening the "file explorer"on a specific location. So it is not possible.

Hi! I'm not sure I understand the question about Aggregate. Could you elaborate? Maybe with a specific example of what you'd have, what you'd do, and what you'd expect Aggregate to do with more detail?

Yes, of course.
I made a simple form to upload *.csv file (coming from another app.).
Let say that the file is named "example.csv". When I upload the form into Aggregate and download the associated file, the name is not "example.csv" anymore but "binaryData".
So, my question was: is it possible to keep in the DB the original name, "example.csv" in this case.

I hope I was clear enough ?

It's not Aggregate's fault. Collect renames all file uploads to a name that's likely to be unique. I think it's currently a timestamp-based name. Agreed it's annoying, but it's going to be tough to change this behavior.

Can you tell me a bit about why you need the name to be the same? We might be able to think through a good workaround.

Sorry for the late answer.
It was just to ease the management of such files. It is not really a big deal.
Thanks anyway for your help/answer.