Filter the Project List on main page

A suggestion for future releases would be for the Project List on the home page to be filtered so that Archived projects could be "hidden" by the filter. After some time I anticipate a lot of projects in this list and it would be good to not have to see the archived ones, even if they do appear at the bottom of the list.

Thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Server URL shown on home screen / multiple servers switch with colour change

Hi @andybennett
We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

I don't think it's a good idea to create a new feature for a feature that does not exists yet so I moved your post here.

What you said is interesting because during our discussions we assumed that it's rather unlikely to have more that 2-3 projects. Could you tell us more about your case and how you are going to use this feature?

Hi @Grzesiek2010

Thank you for replying and attaching my post to the correct thread.

I'll happily give my introduction on the correct thread shortly. To reply to this request, I will explain my use case.

So I am the system manager for ODK at a research institute. We have been hosting ODK Aggregate for a number of years, and there have been instances of members of the institute using their own ODK Aggregate installations hosted on private cloud servers.

We have recently moved to ODK Central because we want to centralise our data collection programs and ensure that individuals are not creating their own instances and negotiating with cloud providers when there is an instance already available at their institute.

So I foresee that at some point in the future we will have ~10 projects running concurrently on ODK Central. Meaning that the number of archived projects will eventually grow. As the administrator, I don't think I want to see the list of Archived projects every time I view the main dashboard. I only want to see the "active" projects.

Given that the archived projects are not active, nor until the feature to un-archive projects is introduced, will they ever be active again, I don't see a reason for them to be instantly listed with active projects. So my thought was that there is a tick box or filter of some sort to say "Show Archived Projects".

Would be good to hear your thoughts on this plus our use case.

Thanks

1 Like