Finalized Form does not create an instance folder

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have finalised forms which ich sent. Some of them did get uploaded while others did not. They are still on the device but do not show up on the exported data. I checked and I do not have instance folders for these forms either.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I used ODK Collect v1.22.0 on a Samsung S3. I uploaded my data to the aggregate server.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I had the problem every day of the field work but usually the missing data showed up the following day. This was not the case in these circumstances.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Esther

Hi @EstherS! Can you first check on your server to make sure you don't have any incomplete submissions? https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-forms/#managing-submissions-manually.

If the submissions are on the device, you can try resending when you have a good connection. Go to Send Finalized Forms, then hit the ⋮ menu, then Change View, then Show Sent and Unsent Forms, then you can re-send. No need to worry about duplicates since Aggregate de-dupes forms with instanceIDs (the vast majority of forms have instanceIDs).

1 Like

Hi @yanokwa,

thanks for your input. I reuploaded the finalized forms (thanks for that I did not know one could do this so easily) but this made me realize that the data also is not registered under finalized forms. So in the first round of sending they got lost. Is there anything I can do to recover this data?

The data is not in the app under finalized forms, there is not instance folder, and it is not on the server.

I have a hunch that the data is gone but maybe you guys know a way to recover it.

Thanks in advance

Esther

If the submission is not in the /odk/instances folder on the device, the data is indeed gone (likely deleted by the enumerator).