Finalized forms don't save as finalized in ODK collect

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
When I save forms while marked as finalized, they are not moving to the Send finalized forms tab. They remain under Edit saved forms.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Collect v1.29.1
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I moved the forms to a new phone and still could not save as finalized. I also tried pulling the data using ODK aggregate and I was not able to get the data.

Is this happening for different form definitions or just one? Could you share the form you're using?

@seadowg Its just one form definition. The form is too long. Can't share publicly due to confidentiality clauses. I just opened the form, entered the shortest combination logic and it saved as finalized, but when I do the long version, it doesn't.
Is it possible to edit xml and have it pull in briefcase?, I have 40 records that I'd like to push to the server.

So other form definitions are working fine?

Totally understand not being able to share the form definition. Are you able to explain the logic that's causing the problem though? Do you get any error message?

You should be able to use Android Debug Bridge or any other file utility to grab the files and then pull them into Briefcase. Briefcase does not care about the finalization status so you should then be able to send them to Aggregate from Briefcase. However, please be aware that if the finalization step hasn't run, you may not have a valid record.

@seadowg
I only have one form on the device.
So, the form is a very long form which obviously has logic (its a socio economic hh survey form).

• When I do enter data for a real HH, thats when it does not save as finalized, no errors appear though like a skipped question or something.
  • When I do enter data for a minimal HH, the form gets saved as finalized.
    So only the full HH records don't get saved as finalized.

Does the app return to the main menu after this? You're not seeing any crashes or error messages at all?

Yes the app returns to main screen, no errors at all

We understand that you can't share it publicly but maybe you can share the form with me or @seadowg in private? We are working on ODK Collect so you can trust us and being able to look at the form would be very helpful.