Form unable to finalize due to required note question type

I mistakenly made a note a required field in the XLS form (i.e. question type - note; required - 'true'). This wasn't identified until after we deployed the form and used it to collect some data on the field but the data collectors couldn't finalize the forms because of the required field. The challenge is there's no textbox or options to provide any response (since it's a note), yet we're unable to finalize those forms.

The form has been corrected and redeployed, but I would like to know if there is any way to salvage the data from those filled forms.

Hi @GeeS
We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread.

What you described is a problem with note questions but also with all the other types if you make them read_only and required at the same time. I reported the issue here: https://github.com/getodk/collect/issues/4816

The form has been corrected and redeployed, but I would like to know if there is any way to salvage the data from those filled forms.

What server do you use? In Central you can't replace an existing form, you can just upload a new version of it but then the forms that you saved using the old version will still use that version.