question and then underneath that a few sentences about the question (in a
slightly smaller font if possible).

Thanks!

Calum

Also, on a related formatting point, is there anyway to include images for
reference? I'd like one page of a survey to look like the below:

How many elephants have you seen?

Line for respondent to select a number

··· On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 2:57:25 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: > > Hi all, > > Yaw and team: thanks for including markdown functionality. It's a really > useful tool to format surveys. > > In addition to using this, I'd like to add sub-headings or page headings > to surveys. Right now, we're doing this through adding a read-only question > (as well as using markdown). Is there a sub-heading function available at > all? > > Also, I'd like to add explanations for particular questions which have > more complex concepts. What's the best way of doing this? Basically, I want > a question and then underneath that a few sentences about the question (in > a slightly smaller font if possible). > > Thanks! > > Calum >

Hi all,

I've found the Note functionality, which makes the sub-headings a bit more
user-friendly. Is anyone able to provide any guidance on the other issues?
I've searched through the forum and it seems the only (?) option is to make
the entire question an image and then insert that. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Calum

··· On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 3:12:02 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: > > Also, on a related formatting point, is there anyway to include images for > reference? I'd like one page of a survey to look like the below: > > How many elephants have you seen? > > Line for respondent to select a number > > On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 2:57:25 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: >> >> Hi all, >> >> Yaw and team: thanks for including markdown functionality. It's a really >> useful tool to format surveys. >> >> In addition to using this, I'd like to add sub-headings or page headings >> to surveys. Right now, we're doing this through adding a read-only question >> (as well as using markdown). Is there a sub-heading function available at >> all? >> >> Also, I'd like to add explanations for particular questions which have >> more complex concepts. What's the best way of doing this? Basically, I want >> a question and then underneath that a few sentences about the question (in >> a slightly smaller font if possible). >> >> Thanks! >> >> Calum >> >

Hi all,

One final question - I didn't want to create a new topic:

Is there anyway to have a unit appear after the answer? So the layout would
be:

How many elephants do you own?

[Answer added here] elephants.

Any help would be much appreciated, and with the image question above!

Thanks,

Calum

··· On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 6:23:36 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: > > Hi all, > > I've found the Note functionality, which makes the sub-headings a bit more > user-friendly. Is anyone able to provide any guidance on the other issues? > I've searched through the forum and it seems the only (?) option is to make > the entire question an image and then insert that. Is that correct? > > Thanks, > > Calum > > On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 3:12:02 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: >> >> Also, on a related formatting point, is there anyway to include images >> for reference? I'd like one page of a survey to look like the below: >> >> How many elephants have you seen? >> >> Line for respondent to select a number >> >> On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 2:57:25 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: >>> >>> Hi all, >>> >>> Yaw and team: thanks for including markdown functionality. It's a really >>> useful tool to format surveys. >>> >>> In addition to using this, I'd like to add sub-headings or page headings >>> to surveys. Right now, we're doing this through adding a read-only question >>> (as well as using markdown). Is there a sub-heading function available at >>> all? >>> >>> Also, I'd like to add explanations for particular questions which have >>> more complex concepts. What's the best way of doing this? Basically, I want >>> a question and then underneath that a few sentences about the question (in >>> a slightly smaller font if possible). >>> >>> Thanks! >>> >>> Calum >>> >>

Hi Calum,

For sub-headings, use hints. http://xlsform.org/#hints.

To include images as part of the form, use media:
http://xlsform.org/#media. And yes, it has to be a question level
image. You can use group with an appearance of field-list and a couple
of questions to work around this limitation. If you'd like inline
images, please file an issue at
https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/new.

There is no easy way to include units they way you describe, but you
can add them when displaying information. For example, you can have a
note whose label "You have ${num_elephants} elephants".

Units are the kind of thing that has been discussed before but it's
worth discussing again. If it's a feature you'd like, please file an
issue at https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/new.

Thanks,

Yaw

··· On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Calum Handforth wrote: > Hi all, > > One final question - I didn't want to create a new topic: > > Is there anyway to have a unit appear after the answer? So the layout would > be: > > How many elephants do you own? > > [Answer added here] elephants. > > Any help would be much appreciated, and with the image question above! > > Thanks, > > Calum > > > On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 6:23:36 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: >> >> Hi all, >> >> I've found the Note functionality, which makes the sub-headings a bit more >> user-friendly. Is anyone able to provide any guidance on the other issues? >> I've searched through the forum and it seems the only (?) option is to make >> the entire question an image and then insert that. Is that correct? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Calum >> >> On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 3:12:02 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: >>> >>> Also, on a related formatting point, is there anyway to include images >>> for reference? I'd like one page of a survey to look like the below: >>> >>> How many elephants have you seen? >>> >>> Line for respondent to select a number >>> >>> On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 2:57:25 PM UTC, Calum Handforth wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi all, >>>> >>>> Yaw and team: thanks for including markdown functionality. It's a really >>>> useful tool to format surveys. >>>> >>>> In addition to using this, I'd like to add sub-headings or page headings >>>> to surveys. Right now, we're doing this through adding a read-only question >>>> (as well as using markdown). Is there a sub-heading function available at >>>> all? >>>> >>>> Also, I'd like to add explanations for particular questions which have >>>> more complex concepts. What's the best way of doing this? Basically, I want >>>> a question and then underneath that a few sentences about the question (in a >>>> slightly smaller font if possible). >>>> >>>> Thanks! >>>> >>>> Calum > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.