Forms with Select_one question in read only with choice_filter

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I had a working and showing up Select_one Question in read only mode and it was dynamic with a choice_filter that was waiting a previous answer on a select_one in the same page, the purpose was to show up a list to the operator (working in 1.25.2) and now with the new updates i get no list showing up.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

Working in Collect 1.25.2 it shows up but not in 1.29.2 and not in 1.29.3
Working in Enketo 2.3.6 it shows up

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Set the read only tag off, but i need it in read only mode because it's like a list i would like to show and not a selectable list.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Set the read only tag on a select_one that use choice_filter to filter
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
the screenshot is with enketo and like you see it i see the a list but on collect the list is not there.

Hi @aydink
could you maybe attach your form?

Yes here my form, it's with read only

TEST_READ_ONLY.xml (13.8 KB)

Do you maybe have the xls version?

Ok i think I reproduced the issue. I'll investigate it and let you know once it's fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Ok I understand what's going on. Recently we decided that it doesn't make much sense to display parts of widgets responsible for displaying answers if those widgets are read_only AND they have no answers.
If you have read_only widgets but they have answers calculated or default like in this sample form:
csReadOnly.xlsx (9.5 KB)
everything will be displayed.

Could you tell us why you need to display choices that won't be clickable and nothing will be selected by default?

Hi @Grzesiek2010 Thanks you for your help and investigation so i was right the update was about changing behavior of the select_one in read_only mode. As you say it's no need to show things up that you can't select ? i will says it's useful if you get a list as information for the operator of the form if it's a added value for my process.
So in big the first select_one in my form is a zone in our building to control and the second select_one is a list of materials or machine to show up to help the operator not to forget anything in that process, because that form can be dynamic i have set a monthly control and trimestrial control and the list is of each zone are different as it's monthly is less to control than a trimestrial.
So if you says i can't have a select_one list as information then i must rework the whole form and that's really big work because at the begining it was a function i used and now it's gone.
I will try your solution and then i let you know if it's fits my needs :wink:
But anyway if something changed about a behavior or how it show's you dont write it in you change logs? because i didnt saw any line mentioning it

TEST_READ_ONLY.xls (43 KB)

Hi @Grzesiek2010,

I tried to make a default answer in my list but no list is showing up, hereby my XLS.

Thanks

Looks like it's an issue when you put both questions on the same screen. Everything seems fine if I remove the field-list appearance. I'll investigate the issue and report it but for now I think you just need to have those questions on separate screens.