Get data from previous pages into a subsequent widget

I was trying to achieve this task: I need to develop a widget to be used on the third page of a form.. ..and that widget should be able to collect the inputs of the previous two pages (one with a combo box, one with a date) and send them to an external App, using a Bundle, to have them processed and retrieve a result to store in the form.
While I was able to create a custom widget and complete the last part (starting an activity for result and bringing external data - a double - into ODK).. ..I am very puzzled about

HOW CAN I GET DATA FROM OTHER - PREVIOUS - PAGES of a form so to be able to sent them out using a custom widget.

Can anyone give me an hint?

I am in a hurry.. ..but I can pay for the support.(Paypal)

Marco
Milano - Italy

Marco,

If you want to do this in Java, take a look at the
FormHierarchyActivity. It shows you how to iterate through the form
with the form controller. Alternatively, you can do it at the form
level by having a note prompt on the page you are on that has the
default value of ${previous_value}.

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK consultants? https://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 5:00 AM, foimarco@gmail.com wrote:

I was trying to achieve this task: I need to develop a widget to be used on the third page of a form.. ..and that widget should be able to collect the inputs of the previous two pages (one with a combo box, one with a date) and send them to an external App, using a Bundle, to have them processed and retrieve a result to store in the form.
While I was able to create a custom widget and complete the last part (starting an activity for result and bringing external data - a double - into ODK).. ..I am very puzzled about

HOW CAN I GET DATA FROM OTHER - PREVIOUS - PAGES of a form so to be able to sent them out using a custom widget.

Marco
Milano - Italy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Marco,

If you want to do this in Java, take a look at the
FormHierarchyActivity. It shows you how to iterate through the form
with the form controller. Alternatively, you can do it at the form
level by having a note prompt on the page you are on that has the
default value of ${previous_value}.

Yaw

Need ODK consultants? https://nafundi.com provides form design, server
setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK.

Marco
Milano - Italy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you for the hint.
I feel the form level is not enoutgh as I have to retrieve in the third "page" both the values of the first and the second. ${previous_value} would provide me just the second's.
I will dig in the FormHierarchyActivity code and let you know!

Marco

··· Il giorno venerdì 9 ottobre 2015 07:05:09 UTC+2, Yaw Anokwa ha scritto: > On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 5:00 AM, wrote: