1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Jr:choice-name() seems not to work on external CSVs and it seems that using XML and the instance() function wouldn't work either. Are there any functions which would be suitable to this purpose?
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Item name should display before "Number of Units Distributed" question
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
See attached section of form
External CSV label.xlsx (19.7 KB)
you can use pulldata function to achieve that.
Here is a sample form built on the sample form from https://xlsform.org/en/#dynamic-selects-from-pre-loaded-data and that function I mentioned above:
labelFromExternalChoices.xlsx (6.4 KB)
fruits.csv (68 Bytes)
Thanks so much for the quick response. Would I be right in thinking that the pulldata approach would work only for a single language at a time? I would be happy enough to duplicate the calculation and then make it dependent on the current language if there is a way to capture the current language in a calculation.
Maybe there is a magic trick but I don't know it and I don't think it's possible. You can use different languages with
search function but not with