Get XLSX back after upload via API

1. What is the problem?
Retrieve the .xlsx file after an upload via the ODK Central API.

In the dashboard when i upload the file directly, i'm able to download it back in the versions tab. But if i upload the file throught the API, i can't see the original file in the versions tab. So i can't get it back via the API too.

Give me : "Could not find the resource you were looking for.","code":404.1

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system?
ODK Central v1.2.2 hosted on digital ocean

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
If i try to get the .xml it's working but not the .xlsx.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Upload an xform in .xlsx format via API and try to get it back via the endpoint.

According to the doc :

If a Form was created with an Excel file (.xls or .xlsx), you can get that file back by adding .xls or .xlsx as appropriate to the Form resource path.

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help

After investigations, i figured out that we can retrieve the .xls or .xlsx file while it's a draft form.
If we use the API to publish the form we loose the capability of downloading the original file.

Is there a way to retrieve the original file after the form publication?

Hi @mchev! Currently, if you set the form version name/string when you publish, the XLSForm will not be available for the newly published version. We are tracking this issue on GitHub here. We're planning to address this case as part of the next release, v1.3. In the meantime, if you set the new version name/string within the XLSForm instead of when you publish, the XLSForm should remain available.

Thank you very much for this information. This is very good news.