Getting started

I have just downloaded the app. It promises great things.

How do I creat a new form?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

I too am an ODK beginner, but maybe this section of the documents will be helpful to you as well?

For others who are interested in helping new users create their first form, I am curious to know what advice you would give new users like myself and @Thabiso_Raditapole.

@Thabiso_Raditapole, what sort of data are you interested in collecting, if I may ask? For my purposes, I would like to create a form that collects ecological data about both individual plants and plant communities. For individual plants, I might collect information on plant height, plant health, quantity of flowers, quantity of seed capsules, etc. I'm not sure how one would design a form that tracks an individual plant at different time steps. For example, I might want to measure the height of the same individual plant at two week intervals across the growing season, and I want to collect the data in such a way that links the data collected at different intervals for one specific plant. I'm also curious to know how I would design a form that allows me to bypass entering data for a plant that has died midway through the growing season.

Screenshot_2018-02-11-03-51-24
I can't open a blank form #howtoopennewform

Dear Thabiso,

Welcome to the ODK community! Your post has been moved and merged with your previous post as it was a repetition.

thanks,
Imran