Google Drive auto-download not working

Hi there,
I am using odk collect with forms in google drive. I have turned on "auto download updates" in Collect App settings and set frequency to 15 minutes.
But the updated forms do not get auto-downloaded.
Secondly, the CSVs referenced in the form are also updated in the media folder but they are also not auto-downloaded.
The version number is also incremented in the submission sheet of the form to further encourage auto download. But no change.
Currently i am having to manually download form to get updates.
One detail is that forms are shared with me in a google drive along with 2 other users with users. So i have to click the "shared with me" button to navigate to shared forms in ODK collect.
I wanted to share this extra detail in case the undesired failure is only restricted to forms that are not primarily in my drive but actually shared with me.
Please advise. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @alios82

we don't support auto-download from Google Drive it works only with servers like ODK Aggregate from which you can get a list of available forms and compare it with forms you already have. in case of GD it's not possible.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about an alternate...

1. Could I host the forms in aggregate and still post submissions of the data to Gdrive? Would this result in automatic csv updates and/or form updates?
  • csv updates
  • form choices sheet update
  • csv and form update

2ndly is aggregate the only option to utilize autoupdates?

3rd... I ask because i update choices in external CSV automatically upon receiving new data. Any ideas are welcome.

Could I host the forms in aggregate and still post submissions of the data to Gdrive? Would this result in automatic csv updates and/or form updates?

You can set up your aggregate server then switch to Google and if you have Automatic download option enabled it will download updates from Aggregate.

is aggregate the only option to utilize autoupdates?

It could be any server that provides the same API.

I ask because i update choices in external CSV automatically upon receiving new data. Any ideas are welcome

if you update your csv file and upload the form to Aggregate again it will be visible in Collect as a newer version.

1 Like

Thanks Grzegorz :blush:
Thats helps!!!

If i only update/replace the csv in aggregate and not upload a new form will it still consider this an update and notify collect of this update?

Yes, if any attachment is different (in your case csv file) it's treated as a new form version.

1 Like