Having two minimal search('name') on a group does not work on ODK

I'm building a form that will pull data from an external database, using select_one and search appearance. It works as expected, however if I add the minimal appearance as example [minimal search('nombres')] on both items, the resulting form freezes on those fields.

I'm using ODK 1.22.4 on android 9

The software works ok if one of the questions uses just search('nombres') and the other one uses minimal

this is the xlsx file with the issue.

regards,

Juan Solorzanosearch_and_select.xlsx (68.7 KB)

Hi @jsolorzano
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

Thanks for reporting the issue, I was able to reproduce it and will try to figure out what's wrong. I'll let you know once it's fixed.

Hi @Grzesiek2010 great news.

thanks,

Juan

I was able to figure out what's wrong and fix the issue. You can track the progress here: https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/pull/3181

Thanks for the quick fix @Grzesiek2010!
I am experiencing the same issue so I hope your fix will be part of the next ODK Collect update :slight_smile:

there will be a new version released at the end of this month so yeah the fix should be there.

ODK Collect v1.23 should address this issue! Please try it out and let us know if you run into any other issues.

great thanks, will try it out