Help getting started!

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Hi Everyone, I'm an epidemiologist hoping to use ODK for field staff to stay on top of data collections at clinics and laboratories. I am so sorry to ask a very basic question but I just cant figure out how to get my form (I built it on ODK Build) onto my phone. I guess I have to use Aggregate but I really dont understand how. Please help!

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

ODK Build, Android Galaxy
What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried to read about Tomcat and Aggregator but I have no tech background and just dont understand what to do.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hi and welcome,

Forms do not have to be uploaded to Aggregate before they are used. They can be manually added to Collect. Simply place them in the /odk/forms folder on your Android device’s SD card.

You will need ODK Aggregate to visualize/receive/send data.

Here is a detailed guide for the installation and setup:

Don't forget to Introduce yourself here!

1 Like

you'll need to setup a secure server that can host ODK aggregate. This will allow one to upload forms, and download forms onto devices. As well as sending collected data from ODK collect app on your device to the server.

Useful introduction here:

2 Likes