Help with "Error: The survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers"

Hello,

I need help with an error appearing when uploading my excel survey sheet (.xls) to the xlsform online. Sorry if this has been asked already, I am very new to ODK and I am trying to get my head around this.

I have the two tabs (survey and choices) and the compulsory headers. I doubled checked that everything is spelled correctly and that the compulsory columns are all filled in. However I still get the error "Error: The survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers". Do you know why this is?

I am using a mac and I have tried on the ODK website using both safari and google chrome

1 Like

Could you upload a sample of your xls sheet?

Yes, apologies for not uploading it earlier. Please find attached now. Thank you very much for your responsesample .xlsx (10.0 KB)

Hi @Olimpia
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

the only problem I can see is that you have label ::English (blank space after label) instead of label::English after fixing that converting works fine.

Hello, i am also having same issue here. though i am just learning how to create and use ODK.

what am i going to do to address the error message?
form_excel.xlsx (9.6 KB)

Hello Lynn Maori,

I went through your file, there was an error in the survey and choices name. It should be in a small alphabet. For your reference, I had attached the edited version. It works on my side.

Hope it works for you as well
Dinesh Dongol
form_excel_edited.xlsx (9.7 KB)