How can I configure automatic submissions in Collect?

Great ideas!

During this COVID-19 pandemic, I face a unique scenario. I built forms based on WHO guidelines on PPE, mental health and psychosocial support.

I provided details on how to configure Collect to be able to download the forms (URL, username, password, get blank form and fill blank form). The forms are hosted on the kobotoolbox portal.

Two things, 1) I am not able to know how many people downloaded the forms 2) Most users are not motivated enough to upload their filled forms. Is there a way settings i.e auto upload completed forms, update forms when changes are made could be inbuilt into the XLS/XML files?

Asante,
Paul

I pulled your questions out since they do have immediate answers! If your forms are ones that you can share, please consider doing so.

You can set filled forms to autosend by adding a auto_send column to your settings sheet in XLSForm and putting true below it. See https://github.com/getodk/docs/issues/837 for the documentation issue that has unfortunately not been addressed. Please let us know how that works for you.

For any other setting, you can get one device configured and then generate a QR code. You could display this somewhere physical (e.g. printout on a wall) for data collectors to scan or if configuration has to be done remotely, you can send the QR code image and have data collectors import it.

This is something that has to be done at the server level. It's likely that Central will provide this kind of information at some point but we don't have it scheduled yet.

1 Like