How can I launch Whatsapp with a message and number?

Hi @LN

Can you please guide that whether we can launch whatsapp or Kaizala ( microsoft messaging platform )

If yes , please guide how can I do so.

I tried but failed in this , need expert help

Regards

Neeraj

First, did you make sure to follow the instructions to join the beta? Collect v1.29 is not published yet and you need to use it to be able to launch arbitrary applications.

In general, you should be able to go to an app's Play Store page such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp and copy the id from it. In Whatsapp's example, that would be com.whatsapp. Following the documentation, your appearance would be ex:com.whatsapp(). Since Whatsapp won't return a result back to Collect, it doesn't matter what type you use (string, integer or decimal).

You also don't need to specify any extras in parentheses but looking at Whatsapp's documentation it looks like you should be able to do ex:com.whatsapp(android.intent.extra.TEXT='some text to send') to specify text to populate a message. You could also use the value of another field.

Please try this with both Whatsapp and Kaizala. If you run into any problems, please share the exact form you tried.

hi @LN

Thanks for helping , it worked , but it could only opened the whatsapp or kaizala , the text could not be pasted to send the message.

form is enclosed for your kind reference.

if in case, that is not doable then one more thing if you can help me ,

before opening the whatsapp if we can copy the data on clipboard , then the number can be easily searched by data enumerator and he can simply paste the data , which will void his effort of typing the long text.

enclosed is the demo form attached for your kind reference

send-sms-or-email-in-form.xlsx (26.8 KB)

Regards

Neeraj

Hi @LN

Sorry to bother you again , but i need this urgently , can you please look in to above , i had sent the form for your reference.

Regards

Neeraj

When you tried the text message configuration in the other sample form, are you sure it did not show WhatsApp as an option?

I don’t have any more experience with launching WhatsApp directly. Their documentation does not seem to provide a way to launch it with a number.