How to add an optional radiobutton to a text answer field

Hello everyone,

Am designing a questionaire where each question, though text or integer input, is required to have an additional optional label that reads 'refuse to answer' or 'don't know' (mapped to a code) though the answers are not from a select-list.
For instance "How old are you " , the user is provided with a textbox to enter the age and then one/two option buttons below with a lables 'Don't now' and 'Refuse to Answer'

I will appreciate your suggestions greatly.. Thanks

Is that what you want Daniel? We support this ability with our platform rtSmartSurvey.

Trung.

··· On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 4:07:33 AM UTC+7, daniel...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello everyone, > > Am designing a questionaire where each question, though text or integer input, is required to have an additional optional label that reads 'refuse to answer' or 'don't know' (mapped to a code) though the answers are not from a select-list. > For instance "How old are you " , the user is provided with a textbox to enter the age and then one/two option buttons below with a lables 'Don't now' and 'Refuse to Answer' > > I will appreciate your suggestions greatly.. Thanks

Thanks for the response.. What am looking it quite similar, but i want the second option to be a Radiobutton of some sort where the user can just click to to refuse to answer and move to the next question. I will check out your platform .

Thanks

··· On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 11:07:33 PM UTC+2, daniel...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello everyone, > > Am designing a questionaire where each question, though text or integer input, is required to have an additional optional label that reads 'refuse to answer' or 'don't know' (mapped to a code) though the answers are not from a select-list. > For instance "How old are you " , the user is provided with a textbox to enter the age and then one/two option buttons below with a lables 'Don't now' and 'Refuse to Answer' > > I will appreciate your suggestions greatly.. Thanks

You could create this so it works functionally using a field-list -- but
would appear a bit differently on the back end (two questions in the data
for every one asked). The attached has a basic functioning example -- you
would want to expand the relevant logic on the note to be relevant if
${A1a} is answered AND ${A1b} is answered.

~lb

test.xls (25.5 KB)

··· On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 5:07:33 PM UTC-4, daniel...@gmail.com wrote: > > Hello everyone, > > Am designing a questionaire where each question, though text or integer > input, is required to have an additional optional label that reads 'refuse > to answer' or 'don't know' (mapped to a code) though the answers are not > from a select-list. > For instance "How old are you " , the user is provided with a textbox to > enter the age and then one/two option buttons below with a lables 'Don't > now' and 'Refuse to Answer' > > I will appreciate your suggestions greatly.. Thanks

One possible way of doing this is to divide age question in two parts:

1. Would you like to disclose your age? Y/N
  2. What is your age? (use relevant command to precede to question if the
    respondent has answered "Y")

Thanks,
Abbas

··· On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 11:10:59 PM UTC+5, daniel...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 11:07:33 PM UTC+2, daniel...@gmail.com wrote: > > Hello everyone, > > > > Am designing a questionaire where each question, though text or integer > input, is required to have an additional optional label that reads 'refuse > to answer' or 'don't know' (mapped to a code) though the answers are not > from a select-list. > > For instance "How old are you " , the user is provided with a textbox > to enter the age and then one/two option buttons below with a lables > 'Don't now' and 'Refuse to Answer' > > > > I will appreciate your suggestions greatly.. Thanks > > Thanks for the response.. What am looking it quite similar, but i want > the second option to be a Radiobutton of some sort where the user can just > click to to refuse to answer and move to the next question. I will check > out your platform . > > Thanks

Thanks so much .. This has been very helpful.. much appreciated

··· On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 9:30:28 PM UTC+2, Lloyd Owen Banwart wrote: > You could create this so it works functionally using a field-list -- but would appear a bit differently on the back end (two questions in the data for every one asked). The attached has a basic functioning example -- you would want to expand the relevant logic on the note to be relevant if ${A1a} is answered AND ${A1b} is answered. > > > ~lb > > > > > > On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 5:07:33 PM UTC-4, daniel...@gmail.com wrote:Hello everyone, > > > > Am designing a questionaire where each question, though text or integer input, is required to have an additional optional label that reads 'refuse to answer' or 'don't know' (mapped to a code) though the answers are not from a select-list. > > For instance "How old are you " , the user is provided with a textbox to enter the age and then one/two option buttons below with a lables 'Don't now' and 'Refuse to Answer' > > > > I will appreciate your suggestions greatly.. Thanks