How to add specific relevant conditions to select one list

Hi,

On our survey we have 3 single select questions (Rank1, Rank2, Rank3). On each question the choices are:

1 book
2 online
3 radio/tv programs
4 seminar
5 class
6 newspaper
7 workshop
8 online newsletter

What we want is if the user picks 1 book as Rank1, 2 online as Rank2, and 4 seminar as Rank3, It goes to the group Book and will not show the other groups.

We also don't want anything to happen when the user selects choices 3 and 6 as Rank1-3. For example, if the user selects 3 radio as Rank1, 1 book as Rank2, and 4 seminar as Rank3, It goes to the group Book which is Rank2.

I hope there is a solution. I attached a JPEG of question and choices.

Thanks,
Gab

Hi,

You can solve your problem in 2 steps.

1. Calculate values that indicate whether book, online, or seminar is ranked highest.

For example, you could create a a calculate field called "book" with the following calculate expression so that ${book}=1 if 1 or 8 is ranked highest:
if(${Rank1}=1 or ${Rank8)=1 or ((${Rank2}=1 or ${Rank2}=8) and (${Rank1}=3 or ${Rank1}=6)) or ((${Rank3}=1 or ${Rank3}=8) and (${Rank1}=3 or ${Rank1}=6) and (${Rank2}=3 or ${Rank2}=6) ), 1, 0)

1. Use the values from (1) as relevance conditions for the groups.

Following the example from (1), the relevance condition for the Book group would be ${book}=1.

Best,

SB

ยทยทยท On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 11:34:17 PM UTC-7, Gabriel Villanueva wrote: > Hi, > > On our survey we have 3 single select questions (Rank1, Rank2, Rank3). On each question the choices are: > > 1 book > 2 online > 3 radio/tv programs > 4 seminar > 5 class > 6 newspaper > 7 workshop > 8 online newsletter > > What we want is if the user picks 1 book as Rank1, 2 online as Rank2, and 4 seminar as Rank3, It goes to the group Book and will not show the other groups. > > We also don't want anything to happen when the user selects choices 3 and 6 as Rank1-3. For example, if the user selects 3 radio as Rank1, 1 book as Rank2, and 4 seminar as Rank3, It goes to the group Book which is Rank2. > > I hope there is a solution. I attached a JPEG of question and choices. > > Thanks, > Gab