How to export from ODK Build to ODK Aggregate

I've created a survey using ODK Build and I'd like to upload it to ODK
Aggregate, so that I can access it from my mobile device. What is the
easiest way to do this? (I don't have much coding experience, so a
detailed answer would be much appreciated)

Thanks,
Anoop

anoop,

if want to setup a full data collection pipeline, you will need to
setup your own copy of aggregate. we have put instructions at
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/GettingStarted which should
help. give those a try and let us know how it goes...

yaw

··· On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 20:07, Anoop wrote: > I've created a survey using ODK Build and I'd like to upload it to ODK > Aggregate, so that I can access it from my mobile device. What is the > easiest way to do this? (I don't have much coding experience, so a > detailed answer would be much appreciated) > > Thanks, > Anoop >

Thanks Yaw. I've looked at those pages already and have set up collect
(on an emulator) and aggregate (using the app engine). I'm just stuck
at this step of trying to get my survey from odk build into odk
aggregate. When I select the "export to xml" option in odk build it
gives me the XML code, but I'm not sure how to take it from there and
upload it to odk aggregate.

Anoop

··· On May 2, 8:52 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > anoop, > > if want to setup a full data collection pipeline, you will need to > setup your own copy of aggregate. we have put instructions athttp://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/GettingStartedwhich should > help. give those a try and let us know how it goes... > > yaw > > > > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 20:07, Anoop wrote: > > I've created a survey using ODK Build and I'd like to upload it to ODK > > Aggregate, so that I can access it from my mobile device. What is the > > easiest way to do this? (I don't have much coding experience, so a > > detailed answer would be much appreciated) > > > Thanks, > > Anoop

ahh. sorry about that. build is a new tool and we are working to make it better.

for now, when you export to xml, you should copy and paste that text
into a text editor (like
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm). save that file as an
XML file and upload that to aggregate.

i'll file a bug to make this process much easier.

··· On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 21:11, Anoop wrote: > Thanks Yaw. I've looked at those pages already and have set up collect > (on an emulator) and aggregate (using the app engine). I'm just stuck > at this step of trying to get my survey from odk build into odk > aggregate. When I select the "export to xml" option in odk build it > gives me the XML code, but I'm not sure how to take it from there and > upload it to odk aggregate. > > Anoop > > On May 2, 8:52 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> anoop, >> >> if want to setup a full data collection pipeline, you will need to >> setup your own copy of aggregate. we have put instructions athttp://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/GettingStartedwhich should >> help. give those a try and let us know how it goes... >> >> yaw >> >> >> >> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 20:07, Anoop wrote: >> > I've created a survey using ODK Build and I'd like to upload it to ODK >> > Aggregate, so that I can access it from my mobile device. What is the >> > easiest way to do this? (I don't have much coding experience, so a >> > detailed answer would be much appreciated) >> >> > Thanks, >> > Anoop >

Thanks, that solved the first issue that I was having. Unfortunately,
now my xml file won't upload into ODK aggregate. When I try to upload
the form, I just get sent back to the list of forms and nothing
appears there. This may be an issue specific to problems with my file,
but if you have experienced something similar or know what the problem
might be please let me know. Are there any additional steps I need to
go through to make sure my xml is acceptable/compatible before
uploading it?

Anoop

··· On May 2, 9:29 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > ahh. sorry about that. build is a new tool and we are working to make it better. > > for now, when you export to xml, you should copy and paste that text > into a text editor (likehttp://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm). save that file as an > XML file and upload that to aggregate. > > i'll file a bug to make this process much easier. > > > > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 21:11, Anoop wrote: > > Thanks Yaw. I've looked at those pages already and have set up collect > > (on an emulator) and aggregate (using the app engine). I'm just stuck > > at this step of trying to get my survey from odk build into odk > > aggregate. When I select the "export to xml" option in odk build it > > gives me the XML code, but I'm not sure how to take it from there and > > upload it to odk aggregate. > > > Anoop > > > On May 2, 8:52 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> anoop, > > >> if want to setup a full data collection pipeline, you will need to > >> setup your own copy of aggregate. we have put instructions athttp://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/GettingStartedwhichshould > >> help. give those a try and let us know how it goes... > > >> yaw > > >> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 20:07, Anoop wrote: > >> > I've created a survey using ODK Build and I'd like to upload it to ODK > >> > Aggregate, so that I can access it from my mobile device. What is the > >> > easiest way to do this? (I don't have much coding experience, so a > >> > detailed answer would be much appreciated) > > >> > Thanks, > >> > Anoop

What version of Aggregate are you using? If you attach the form I will be
happy to take a look. The trunk code just changed to check for certain
things. I am interested to know why it's not uploading.

Waylon

··· On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Anoop wrote:

Thanks, that solved the first issue that I was having. Unfortunately,
now my xml file won't upload into ODK aggregate. When I try to upload
the form, I just get sent back to the list of forms and nothing
appears there. This may be an issue specific to problems with my file,
but if you have experienced something similar or know what the problem
might be please let me know. Are there any additional steps I need to
go through to make sure my xml is acceptable/compatible before
uploading it?

Anoop

On May 2, 9:29 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

ahh. sorry about that. build is a new tool and we are working to make it
better.

for now, when you export to xml, you should copy and paste that text
into a text editor (likehttp://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm).
save that file as an
XML file and upload that to aggregate.

i'll file a bug to make this process much easier.

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 21:11, Anoop anoopmuniya...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Yaw. I've looked at those pages already and have set up collect
(on an emulator) and aggregate (using the app engine). I'm just stuck
at this step of trying to get my survey from odk build into odk
aggregate. When I select the "export to xml" option in odk build it
gives me the XML code, but I'm not sure how to take it from there and
upload it to odk aggregate.

Anoop

On May 2, 8:52 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

anoop,

if want to setup a full data collection pipeline, you will need to
setup your own copy of aggregate. we have put instructions athttp://
code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/GettingStartedwhichshould
help. give those a try and let us know how it goes...

yaw

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 20:07, Anoop anoopmuniya...@gmail.com wrote:

I've created a survey using ODK Build and I'd like to upload it to
ODK
Aggregate, so that I can access it from my mobile device. What is
the
easiest way to do this? (I don't have much coding experience, so a
detailed answer would be much appreciated)

Thanks,
Anoop

Hi Waylon,

I'm using Aggregate v0.9.1. Thanks for taking a look, I've emailed you
the file.

Anoop

··· On May 3, 4:36 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: > What version of Aggregate are you using? If you attach the form I will be > happy to take a look. The trunk code just changed to check for certain > things. I am interested to know why it's not uploading. > > Waylon > > > > On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Anoop wrote: > > Thanks, that solved the first issue that I was having. Unfortunately, > > now my xml file won't upload into ODK aggregate. When I try to upload > > the form, I just get sent back to the list of forms and nothing > > appears there. This may be an issue specific to problems with my file, > > but if you have experienced something similar or know what the problem > > might be please let me know. Are there any additional steps I need to > > go through to make sure my xml is acceptable/compatible before > > uploading it? > > > Anoop > > > On May 2, 9:29 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > ahh. sorry about that. build is a new tool and we are working to make it > > better. > > > > for now, when you export to xml, you should copy and paste that text > > > into a text editor (likehttp://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm). > > save that file as an > > > XML file and upload that to aggregate. > > > > i'll file a bug to make this process much easier. > > > > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 21:11, Anoop wrote: > > > > Thanks Yaw. I've looked at those pages already and have set up collect > > > > (on an emulator) and aggregate (using the app engine). I'm just stuck > > > > at this step of trying to get my survey from odk build into odk > > > > aggregate. When I select the "export to xml" option in odk build it > > > > gives me the XML code, but I'm not sure how to take it from there and > > > > upload it to odk aggregate. > > > > > Anoop > > > > > On May 2, 8:52 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > >> anoop, > > > > >> if want to setup a full data collection pipeline, you will need to > > > >> setup your own copy of aggregate. we have put instructions athttp:// > > code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/GettingStartedwhichshould > > > >> help. give those a try and let us know how it goes... > > > > >> yaw > > > > >> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 20:07, Anoop wrote: > > > >> > I've created a survey using ODK Build and I'd like to upload it to > > ODK > > > >> > Aggregate, so that I can access it from my mobile device. What is > > the > > > >> > easiest way to do this? (I don't have much coding experience, so a > > > >> > detailed answer would be much appreciated) > > > > >> > Thanks, > > > >> > Anoop