How to extract data with labels of variables while using ODK Briefcase in local

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hi, @laminesarr9!

You're not giving us much to help you with... Could you describe what you're trying to do? Maybe an example of what you have and what you'd wish to get, or what you want to do with it after?

Hello, @ggalmazor !

I'm sorry I did not detail the problem. So I am a new ODK Collect user. I use it locally for this moment. I used ODK Briefcase v1.13.1 to extract my data. But in the modalities of answer I noticed that he kept the '' name '' instead of presenting me the '' label ''.

Example : in the survey sheet,

type = select_one structure
name = structure
label = What kind of structure is it ?

in the choices sheet,

list_name structure
name = hpost ==> label = Health Post
name = hptl ==> label = Hospital

In the extrected data, Briefcase kept hpost instead of Health Post.

Do you know what i'm meaning ?

I need to know what's the matter. Many thanks to you.

1 Like

@laminesarr9, this is by design. Names are the column names and labels are what the users sees.

I suppose we could find a way to also export labels, but it's a little complicated. Labels tend to be longer and be available in multiple languages. Anyway, if that is a must have feature for you, file a feature request at https://forum.getodk.org/c/features.

2 Likes

No, I do not think it's necessary for me. I just wanted to know if there was a way to do it or if it was the ODK Briefcase version I'm using. Because some previous versions like v1.8.x do not run on my computer.
So many thanks to you all for your help and congratulations for the great work you do for the community.

1 Like

This is something that would be really helpful for me too. Basically, we want to display labels instead of the name for each data point when we export data to a Google Sheet.

@yanokwa Is this something that is on the roadmap for ODK?

For Aggregate, no, unless a contributor wants to add it. For Briefcase, maybe. The way to get it added is to file a detailed feature request at https://forum.getodk.org/c/features.

Hi, is there a solution for this problem?

Hi yanokwa, is the feature included in the briefcase already?