How to handle dynamic CSV-files with (future) Enketo

We are using ODK Collect and Central for a clinical application. Tablet works fine, with the exception that tables are missing. Data entry where an overview is important, such as O2/Blood Pressure time series during anesthesia; are in a repeat block which requires paging. A table would be preferred, and Enketo has it. I have tested Enketo 0.9 today, it would be ok, with the exception of the huge wasted empty space in page layout - hopefully I can customize some CSS

The workflow is as follows:

• One patient at a time is assigned to a room and a tablet. The clinical system creates a exchange file with patient data and stores it in a directory named after the room.
  • In the XLS Form, we use pulldata to retrieve the patient data (name, DOB, Quick-Value). Initially, the file patient.csv has one dummy patient in it.
  • The directory where the clinical system stores the patient data is monitored by a Python-program. On changes, the file is formatted to CSV and uploaded to all projects on the tablet via SSHelper in subdirectories of /sdcard/android/data/org.odk.collect.android/files/forms

This is not very elegant and needs some tricky precautions, e.g. when the tablet is not available, but works reasonably.

Assume we want to use Enketo for some forms requiring a table layout: How could I handle such dynamic CSV files? Note that each browser has its own patient.csv or alternative.

Ok, that was too long, nobody read it:

Short: How do I change a media file programmatically with Enketo without user intervention? In ODK Collect, I can copy the CSV to the Android Device, and in more recent versions the SQLite is automatically updated.