1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
We have a project on Aggregate and we want to move them to Central. How do we migrate the data?
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Google Docs is where the data is on Aggregate and we are going to set up a new AWS server
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
provide documentation on how to migrate from Aggregate to Central
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Please read https://docs.getodk.org/central-briefcase/ and let us know if you have any questions.
It would also be helpful to know why you'd like to migrate the data so we make sure we are designing for the right use cases. Do you have long-running surveys? Do you just want your ODK server to keep a historical record of all your prior projects?
Yes we have long running surveys and need the data for longitudinal analysis. They are also in the middle of a new survey so we need that data as well
Hi @juliegoff! Welcome to the ODK forum. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here.
Given that you are in the middle of a campaign, you might want to consider migrating to ODK Cloud.
It’s the same Central software that you'd install on AWS, but we do all the hard work for you. That includes regular updates, daily backups, uptime guarantees, enterprise security, and guaranteed support from the core team on any issues.
And if you choose our Professional plan, we'll take care of migrating data from an existing Aggregate server for you.