How to require answers before moving to the next page, as opposed to when ending the survey

Hello,
I'm building a survey instrument to learn about drinking water behaviors in arsenic-affected West Bengal, India.

I want to make several answers "required", but so far the "required=yes" command hasn't worked very well for me: when using ODK Collect, I'm able to move to the next page even if a "required" question is skipped. It's not until the very end of the survey that I get a prompt that some required questions have been skipped.

Is there a way to make the "required=yes" command effective right away, before moving to the next page of the survey? In the case of a long survey, it's a little cumbersome for enumerators to have go back to questions that should have been answered long ago.

Let me know if there is a way to solve this problem!
Thank you!
Caroline

Caroline,

In your General Settings, make sure Constraint process behavior is set
to validate upon forward swipe.

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM, caroline.delaire@orange.fr wrote:

Hello,
I'm building a survey instrument to learn about drinking water behaviors in arsenic-affected West Bengal, India.

I want to make several answers "required", but so far the "required=yes" command hasn't worked very well for me: when using ODK Collect, I'm able to move to the next page even if a "required" question is skipped. It's not until the very end of the survey that I get a prompt that some required questions have been skipped.

Is there a way to make the "required=yes" command effective right away, before moving to the next page of the survey? In the case of a long survey, it's a little cumbersome for enumerators to have go back to questions that should have been answered long ago.

Let me know if there is a way to solve this problem!
Thank you!
Caroline

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks a lot! It worked!

··· Le mercredi 1 octobre 2014 12:09:27 UTC-7, caroline...@orange.fr a écrit : > Hello, > I'm building a survey instrument to learn about drinking water behaviors in arsenic-affected West Bengal, India. > > I want to make several answers "required", but so far the "required=yes" command hasn't worked very well for me: when using ODK Collect, I'm able to move to the next page even if a "required" question is skipped. It's not until the very end of the survey that I get a prompt that some required questions have been skipped. > > Is there a way to make the "required=yes" command effective right away, before moving to the next page of the survey? In the case of a long survey, it's a little cumbersome for enumerators to have go back to questions that should have been answered long ago. > > Let me know if there is a way to solve this problem! > Thank you! > Caroline