How to see a complete form in another device

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
I want to open a complete form in another device. I used ODK Collect to complete a form and then I want to open in another device (Cellphone)

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?
I tried to copy the folder org.odk.collect.android to another device and tried to open it but it doesn´t worked

4. Upload any forms or screenshots you can share publicly below.

this the longitudinal process that literally you want while i am sure ODK system is not fully supporting that functionality. Also can you further explain , what is the motivation of willingness to open same submitted form with another device

Hello and thank you for your answer

We need to check in field a forms that some people (farmers) did in the past, with the objective to evaluate if this information it is ok or complete for a certification.

Hi @EduardoCM

Copying data from one device to another should work. Please try copying not the entire org.odk.collect.android folder but the content of a given project. So if you have a project named DEMO fro example, the structure of files would be:
org.odk.collect.android
---files
------projects
---------DEMO
------------forms
------------instances
------------metadata

then if you have to copy that data you need to create a new project on the device you want to use (It can use the same DEMO name to make it easier) and copy the three folders forms, instances and metadata. I believe it should work.

1 Like

If you want to do it using mobile device only, the method now works only in old devices with Android version<=10. You need to connect your device (Android version>10) to a computer using USB data cable to access the contents of 'Android' directory in your device, and then you can enter and copy concerned folder/files from ODK's directory.

1 Like