How to use settings to protect excel forms

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

How to use the settings to protect my excel files.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
using ODK and kobocollect

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I have tried it but unsuccessful

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I need to know how to create keys in the settings

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @sdapaah
your question is unclear (at leas for me) could you elaborate, provide samples, screenshots whatever could hep to understand and solve your problem.

My problem is that I create my surveys in excel using ODK. I have created several forms. Unfortunately people download the forms from my work place and use them without my knowledge. I understand there is a way to protect odk excel survey forms that people may not be able to download the forms. Some people say you can use the private/public key in the setti

How can excel odk forms be protected so that people cannot download it and use it?

We provide encrypting filled forms only https://docs.opendatakit.org/encrypted-forms/ but you are talking about excel files so for such files we don't provide any protection.

Where do you store those files that you need to protect them?

Thank you for your continual correspondence. Please see attached the ODK excel forms for data collection. People with access to the forms through ODK freely down load the forms. Is there a way this form can be protected

Thank you

ODK Excel Forms.docx (1.48 MB)

You can set up user name and password on the server and then you can distribute that password with data collector only.

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

Please thank you for your suggestion. This is what I have been doing. But the data collectors have access to the server to verify what data they have collected. Because they have access to the server, they usually download the data collection tool for their use elsewhere without my knowledge. Is there anyway I can protect the tool so that people with access to the server are unable to download the tools?

which server you are using?

Go through with the below video, I shared control of users. Where you can create different users. One for Data Collector and gave them access for only data collection. Here is a link for this video:

If you like my vide subscribe my channel.

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

Hi @sdapaah

It looks like you are using FormHub.

Please note that:

Yeah Andrea, you’re right