Images not displaying in ODK form

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

I tried adding pictures to every answer choice for a multiple choice question, but when I run it on ODK collect it doesn't display any images.

I uploaded the XML file with images on ODK aggregate.

It gives this error: File /storage/emulated/0/odk/forms/Pole load-media/untitled.jpg is missing.

Even when I have the images in that folder in the device storage.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

The latest ODK collect and Samsung galaxy J series android phone

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I tried moving the images folder and the XML file in one folder before uploading it on ODK aggregate from my computer but it didn't work.

I also tried putting the images and XML file in one folder in my android phone but no luck.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

File /storage/emulated/0/odk/forms/Pole load-media/untitled.jpg is missing.

Please help me. I really need it please

Hi @rizwan7

Please take a look here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1af_Sl8A_L8_EULbhRLHVl8OclCfco09Hq2tqb9CslwQ/edit#gid=0 it's an example form with all widgets which contains choices with images too.

If you think that you do everything well, please attach your form and we can take a look.

Regards,
Grzegorz

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I figured out the solution. It appeared that I wasn't using the correct picture format in my XLS form.

I'm facing another problem. When I upload my form into ODK aggregate, I don't see anything in the submissions tab, other than the name of the form.

However I can use the get the form in ODK collect and everything works fine.

I have attached a picture here for reference:

I'm also attaching the picture of the form management tab where it shows the uploaded form as file.

I would really appreciate if you could help me out. Thank you.

What format was it?

I’m facing another problem. When I upload my form into ODK aggregate, I don’t see anything in the submissions tab, other than the name of the form.

What message do you get after uploading in ODK Collect? Success or maybe any erro message?

1 Like

Hi, All

I'm facing the same problem. I set up the form to include two languages: English and Arabic.
the images appear with the English language but when I switch to the Arabic language I can only read the metadata of pictures and the pictures are not displayed.

Thank you

According to the doc you need to add separate media columns for each language as well: http://xlsform.org/ref-table/#survey

Here is an example: testY.xlsx (5.0 KB)

1 Like