Internal Server Error (500) When Submitting

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
My research team recently informed me that they were trying to upload data from ODK Collect to our Aggregate server, but they received an Internal Server Error (500) message. I checked the logs, but I am not too familiar with identifying what caused the errors. I filtered my logs to be within the past 24 hours and looked at any Error or Critical messages, and there were some issues that popped up. However, I'm not sure how to decipher what they mean.

I've attached an example of what one of the error logs had to say. If someone could help me decipher it, I would be very grateful.

ODK Error Example Log.docx (43.1 KB)

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
We're using ODK Collect; I believe it's the latest version. And the data are stored on ODK Aggregate using GAE. The data were collected on an Android Tablet that (I believe) has Android Version: 7.0 and Kernel Version: 3.18.35+.

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
None; it's an internal server error.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I reviewed our server's logs, but was unable to decipher what the problem actually was.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
The data did end up getting uploaded to the server, but I would like to know what caused the error in the first place so that I could try to avoid it in the future.

1 Like

Hi, @Conor_Gallagher! I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with Aggregate.

I'll check the logs you've attached and will get back to you with any insight.

Could you tell us what version of Aggregate you're running? If it's a recent version, you should find it at the top of the Site Admin > Preferences page.

Hi, @Conor_Gallagher!

I see in the logs that there has been some problem with available quota for the DataStore service (the database Aggregate uses with AppEngine).

Aggregate deals with that by queueing pending operations while the quota gets renewed.

If you want to get rid of these issues, the best would be to link a billing account to the Google Cloud Platform project where you have deployed Aggregate.

1 Like

Awesome; thank you for the insight Guillermo! I'll be sure to speak with my team about adding a billing account to resolve this issue in the future.

1 Like

I have same problem, could you please help me to fix it.

Hi @Muhammad_Jawad
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

what server are you using? Is it Central or Aggregate?

Thanks for your reply.

My name is Mohammad Jawad, ACTED IMS officer.

We use Aggregate server.

The Best.

What about your quota are you sure you haven't exceeded it as said above?