Internal Server Error 500 while submitting form to Aggregate Server

Hi,

I am using ODK collect to submit form data to ODK aggregate Server. While
sending finalised forms I get following Error

Error:Internal Server Error (500) at http:///submission?deviceID=imei%3A

From some other devices, the upload is successful.

I checked the tomcat log file catalina.out file. It shows following error
while uploading the form data :

org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$MalformedStreamException:
Stream ended unexpectedly
at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvailable(MultipartStream.java:1005)
at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.read(MultipartStream.java:903)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:133)
at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.LimitedInputStream.read(LimitedInputStream.java:134)

I also increased the JVM to -Xmx512m in tomcat6.conf but it did not solve
the problem..

If any one has faced similar issue, please let me know how to resolve this.

Regards,
Mangesh Gokhale

Hi,

I was able to upload a very small simple form with 5 fields to the
aggregate. I am still unable to upload larger complicated forms..

Regards,
Mangesh Gokhale

··· On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 5:20:09 PM UTC+5:30, Mangesh Gokhale wrote: > > Hi, > > I am using ODK collect to submit form data to ODK aggregate Server. While > sending finalised forms I get following Error > > Error:Internal Server Error (500) at http:// server>/submission?deviceID=imei%3A > > From some other devices, the upload is successful. > > I checked the tomcat log file catalina.out file. It shows following error > while uploading the form data : > > org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$MalformedStreamException: > Stream ended unexpectedly > at > org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvailable(MultipartStream.java:1005) > at > org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.read(MultipartStream.java:903) > at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:133) > at > org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.LimitedInputStream.read(LimitedInputStream.java:134) > > I also increased the JVM to -Xmx512m in tomcat6.conf but it did not solve > the problem.. > > If any one has faced similar issue, please let me know how to resolve > this. > > Regards, > Mangesh Gokhale >

Is your network very slow?

This may occur with a slow network. The submission of data to the server
is expected to complete within 60 seconds. If the transmission takes
longer, the connection is likely to be dropped early, resulting in this
error.

To confirm, verify that you do not have any problems when submitting data
to the server when co-located with it and using a wifi hotspot. If that
fails, then there is something wrong with the server configuration.

There are various timeouts in the software that will abort the transmission
if the communication channel is stalled for longer than 60 seconds
(resulting in the above error).

If you were using satellite or 3G networks for transmitting the data, see
if switching to using wi-fi hotspots solve the problem.

If your filled-in forms have images or videos, consider reducing the
resolution of those images/videos to reduce the quantity of data sent to
the server.

Your network may also be highly congested at certain times of day (e.g.,
end-of-day). Submitting surveys during less-congested periods may also
resolve the issue.

··· On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Mangesh Gokhale < mangeshgokhale2000@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I was able to upload a very small simple form with 5 fields to the
aggregate. I am still unable to upload larger complicated forms..

Regards,
Mangesh Gokhale

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 5:20:09 PM UTC+5:30, Mangesh Gokhale wrote:

Hi,

I am using ODK collect to submit form data to ODK aggregate Server. While
sending finalised forms I get following Error

Error:Internal Server Error (500) at http:///submission?deviceID=imei%3A

From some other devices, the upload is successful.

I checked the tomcat log file catalina.out file. It shows following error
while uploading the form data :

org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$MalformedStreamException:
Stream ended unexpectedly
at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvailable(MultipartStream.java:1005)
at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.read(MultipartStream.java:903)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:133)
at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.LimitedInputStream.read(LimitedInputStream.java:134)

I also increased the JVM to -Xmx512m in tomcat6.conf but it did not solve
the problem..

If any one has faced similar issue, please let me know how to resolve
this.

Regards,
Mangesh Gokhale

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the problem was indeed the network speed. I was
able to submit successfully when I connected through wifi hotspot.

Regards,
Mangesh

··· On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 11:59:17 PM UTC+5:30, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > Is your network very slow? > > This may occur with a slow network. The submission of data to the server > is expected to complete within 60 seconds. If the transmission takes > longer, the connection is likely to be dropped early, resulting in this > error. > > To confirm, verify that you do not have any problems when submitting data > to the server when co-located with it and using a wifi hotspot. If that > fails, then there is something wrong with the server configuration. > > There are various timeouts in the software that will abort the > transmission if the communication channel is stalled for longer than 60 > seconds (resulting in the above error). > > If you were using satellite or 3G networks for transmitting the data, see > if switching to using wi-fi hotspots solve the problem. > > If your filled-in forms have images or videos, consider reducing the > resolution of those images/videos to reduce the quantity of data sent to > the server. > > Your network may also be highly congested at certain times of day (e.g., > end-of-day). Submitting surveys during less-congested periods may also > resolve the issue. > > > > On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Mangesh Gokhale <mangeshgo...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I was able to upload a very small simple form with 5 fields to the >> aggregate. I am still unable to upload larger complicated forms.. >> >> Regards, >> Mangesh Gokhale >> >> >> >> On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 5:20:09 PM UTC+5:30, Mangesh Gokhale wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> I am using ODK collect to submit form data to ODK aggregate Server. >>> While sending finalised forms I get following Error >>> >>> Error:Internal Server Error (500) at http://>> server>/submission?deviceID=imei%3A >>> >>> From some other devices, the upload is successful. >>> >>> I checked the tomcat log file catalina.out file. It shows following >>> error while uploading the form data : >>> >>> org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$MalformedStreamException: >>> Stream ended unexpectedly >>> at >>> org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.makeAvailable(MultipartStream.java:1005) >>> at >>> org.apache.commons.fileupload.MultipartStream$ItemInputStream.read(MultipartStream.java:903) >>> at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:133) >>> at >>> org.apache.commons.fileupload.util.LimitedInputStream.read(LimitedInputStream.java:134) >>> >>> I also increased the JVM to -Xmx512m in tomcat6.conf but it did not >>> solve the problem.. >>> >>> If any one has faced similar issue, please let me know how to resolve >>> this. >>> >>> Regards, >>> Mangesh Gokhale >>> >> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >