Interview Duration

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I want to record the duration of an interivew automatically. For this purpose, I add start and end start and end fields at the beginning of the survey. This is supposed to calculate the time between the start of the survey and the end (being the end when the enumerator "Send and finalize" survey, so I believe). However, this feature does not interacts properly when a survey is edited, and the duration is lost/modified if you edit a survey after saving it. Also, it does not record the duration if the enumerator does not "Finalize", but just saves the survey.

I would like to know:

1. If there is a way to avoid this but keep the process automatic. I don't want enumerators to select time themselves.
  2. Is there a way to also calculate duration of different sections within the survey.

Thanks in advance,
Francisco

Hi @Francisco_Carballo

you can use Logging enumerator behavior then you will have exact start/end time for each question. see the sample:
https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-audit-log/#id7

1 Like

If using Aggregate @Grzesiek2010 's answer is the best. If just using briefcase or Google Drive, the below post may answer the question: How to default the time data type to the current time? - #14 by LN