Introduce yourself here!

Bonjour tout le monde,
je suis Responsable Suivi Évaluation du Centre Solidarité Action Social une ONG en Côte d'Ivoire, une ONG située en Côte d'Ivoire plus précisément à Bouaké avec un personnel estimé à 100 personnes, Nous soumissionnons à des projets de bailleurs internationaux et octroyons des fonds aussi à d'autres ONG. Nous avons découvert ODK Collect au cours d'une mission d'échange à Dakar au Sénégal au sein de l'ONG ANCS; Nous utilisons aujourd'hui cet outil dans les études CAP des Projets acquis.

3 Likes

Hello,

I'm Dipo from Nigeria. I'm a developer and work mostly with Python, can be found on GitHub as dodumosu (though I'm not very active).

I am part of the team developing Apollo for the National Democratic Institute, a tool for data collection that's been mostly used for election observation, and have been partly responsible for integration of ODK support for it.

1 Like

Hello
I live in Patagonia Argentina. Iam teacher.
I need use sandbox for install ODK central?
and I read that I need write to yanokwa....
Is possible
Thanks
Gus

1 Like

je suis au Bénin
je suis impliqué dans la communauté par les procédures en ligne
j'ai déjà participé à la formation d'une collecte par ODK
facebook, telegram
non moi je veux maintenant comprendre les contours : la digitalisation jusqu'à la collecte et exportation des données pour traitement: la configuration du serveur ODK

1 Like

Hello everyone!
I am Anthony Ankrah from :ghana: Ghana :ghana: . I am what you would call a greenhorn​:hatching_chick: to ODK having learnt about it from my Project Manager about 5 months ago.

I must say it was fun hearing him talk about ODK and how customizable the forms were and the wide variety of possibilities it presented to us (being a company in the agro-value chain particularly interested in traceability). His enthusiasm led me to deploy ODK Aggregate via a VM on my laptop. Imagine how bright my face lit when I connected to the server via WiFi and actually saw my imported form built via build show up on my phone.:grin::exploding_head:

Currently, I'm trying to figure out, for the life of me🤦‍♂️, how to get ODK Central running on Windows. Who knew getting Windows Subsystem for Linux installed on Windows (their own product) could be so much fun🙄.

Outside data collection and work, I like to listen to music, play video games (CODM has been my goto the past couple weeks), build websites and webapps, watch current tech trends on YouTube, learn/practice/teach a programming-related topic (:panting: :weary::woozy_face:...LOL). You can find me online with the alias @someQhuacyBi or @knit_tech both on Twitter, AnthonyAnkrah on GitHub and AnthonyAnkrah on Gist.

Hope to contribute to this community some day. #FunDaysAhead #LetsGo

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Requesting access to Central sandbox

Hello! I'm from Mexico. I'm trying to use ODK to collect field data on sea turtles nesting in our coasts.

4 Likes

Hello
Iam Gus, I live in Patagonia Argentina. Iam teacher. in the University. A few months ago I use ODK Aggregate. But now I install Central and Iam very happy.
We use ODK for the area of health and education in small city in Patagonia.
Regards
Gus

2 Likes

Hi All,I'm Malherbe Rossouw and I'm based in Springbok South Africa.
I work for a NGO that focuses on working with local farmers on the communal areas through various conservation activities.
Parts of the areas where we work in have no mobile reception, thus we had the need for offline data collection that supports spatial data.
Outside of my work I like to take landscape and nature photos and have recently started laser cutting.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I am Olafemi Olugbenga Stephen, I am new to the platform, I'm willing to learn

1 Like

Call me Mathew. I am Health Informatician; work with non governmental organisations (health sector), and I am a Nigerian.

I code in Java and I am DHIS2 expert.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello. I am Khizar Ilyas. New to ODK
I'm from Pakistan. I have started a new job in a Non Profit Organization. Right now, I am working on submitting collected data in ODK. I am expected to be able to create a new ODK form soon from my employers. You can find me on Twitter as @KhizarIlyas553 and on LinkedIn as https://www.linkedin.com/in/best-digital-marketing-expert-khizar-ilyas/
A healthy body is really necessary for healthy brain. So, I practice Mixed Martial Arts in the evening.

3 Likes

Hello all! I'm Chris, and I'm based in Portland, Oregon, USA.

This is really my first exposure to humanitarian OSS software projects, so be gentle :slight_smile: I found this while looking for projects that would help me expand my world a bit while giving back, and I'm hoping to learn more about both ODK and POSM ...

Prior to this I've worked on software that operates on and analyzes Wikidata data dumps, done healthcare software architecture and development projects (HL7, FHIR and SMART-on-FHIR, if anybody knows what those are), worked on a fintech startup here in Portland, and done lots and lots of API-related work for various companies in healthcare, finance, telecommunications, logistics, retail and elsewhere. I'm not entirely sure how relevant that past experience will be, but we'll see...

I'm reasonably conversant in Java, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud and AWS, with some C#, Python and various NoSQL and big data tech thrown on for good measure.

Looking forward to contributing!

4 Likes

Hi am Phan from Kenya.
Awesome to be here. Am a software engineer and an experienced Mobile Developer
Looking forward to being part of this team

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi everyone!
My name is Eduardo, I am from Porto Alegre, Brazil, and I am currently a 3rd year Software Engineering student at the University of Victoria.
I am on a Co-Op right now working with finding open-source data collection and visualization tools, so ODK ended up showing up in my search.

3 Likes

Hello world!

I'm a data analyst who uses ODK for most of data collection activities.
I am from Kenya and I have used ODK for quite some time now. This community has been really great and helpful. Hoping to contribute here as well.

Shalom!!

1 Like

Hello!

I am Alex Zepeda. I am currently working in a small consulting firm advocated to data analytics, market research and public affairs. We tumble across ODK as a way to sort out the difficulties to collect field data during the COVID-19 pandemic. I am interested in learning more about this powerful tool. Hoping to discuss great ideas and creative ways to use ODK.

Greetings.

PD: I am based in Mexico

2 Likes

Hi every one,
My name is Yamen Helel, i am statistician and i work for the National statistical institut in Tunisia.
I'm new with ODK, i am trying to use it to develop questionnaire for my work.
Thank you.

2 Likes